Swansea - Post match thread

We've struggled to kill games off for as long as I can remember, even under Mancini. However, we had a much greater defence and keeper in place so we didn't concede from the first threatening attack.

Hopefully today is a turning point. We got pegged back despite dominating for the umpteenth time this season but managed to get the winner. Hopefully this builds some momentum and we can go on a consistent winning run like we had at the start.

With regards to the performance, it was a case of same old same old. Some great stuff first half, and a lot of shit in the second. I am getting fed up of seeing the same players make the same mistakes and I'm getting fed up of us conceding because of the same short comings week in week out.

In particular Stones was poor for the equaliser. He has a horrible habit of not reacting to danger and either backing off completely or not closing the space. The goalie situation needs sorting out massively. I really hope he swallows his pride and just brings Hart back. Neither Willy or Bravo are anywhere near good enough with their feet for it to be worth tolerating poor general keeping. I don't think their size helps at all. Both are small and don't cover the goal well enough. This is why teams seem to score with every half chance they have. I watched Chelsea yesterday and Courtois made 3 or 4 gold saves, all of which were at crucial moments and all of which looked more comfortable due to his length and size, yet would have been massive struggles for Bravo or Willy. Today's goal was a good example. You could hardly say it was a mistake, but Sigurdsson's shot wasn't exactly in the corner and wasn't exactly hit that well. I'm aware that Hart has a bit of an issue with his left side but generally speaking, he's levels above both keepers. I'd much rather he be given a chance before we go and blow a boat load of money on another keeper who may also turn out to be inferior.

As for the positives, Sane and Sterling both good in patches. Stones in general was good. Silva was good. Jesus was exceptional. His first touch and first time lay offs are exceptional. His strength to hold off challenges and play a first time pass is unreal and everything he does has a flow about it. He really looks exceptional.

Willy got screened, mate. Don't know if it was offside/interfering with play (I don't think so and few get that call anyway) but I don't totally bame him for that. Agree that Stones' indecision allowed that shot away. We should give Willy some credit for a nice stop on their free kick. I agree that we need better, though.

Let's be honest though, Sergio is hardly likely to be over the moon at being benched, which world class player would be?

Be interesting to see what happens in the summer if a club sticks down the dough, like the £75mil speculation about Real and Chelsea this morning.

He did say it's up to the club but you get the feeling he knows his time is up
His time is up? Ffs the game was crying out for him all throughout the second half. We had a very good front three today, but all better than Sergio? Too many short memories in here

Let's be honest though, Sergio is hardly likely to be over the moon at being benched, which world class player would be?

Be interesting to see what happens in the summer if a club sticks down the dough, like the £75mil speculation about Real and Chelsea this morning.

The club would snap their hands off at that price

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.