Swansea v City Post Match Discussion Thread

samharris said:
Andouble said:
cityfanc.gif

someone give this kid a slap

bless him, some fucker told him today was the last game of the season..

i feel sorry for the lad, he probably felt today was our chance to really assert ourselves and we just blew it big time. he thinks we lost the title today. some people handle their emotions in different ways

Savic is not ready for the Premiership yet but saying his one misplaced pass was the reason we got beat is ridiculous. We needed to win today and basically a draw at best was all we deserved. Some of our big name, highly paid players should be looking into a mirror tonight. We are simply being outworked away from home. Rule number one is at least match your opponents workrate and then let your superior skills make the difference. Has not happened away from home for a long time. In fact our two stand out games of the season United and Spurs away now look nothing more than flukes. We appear more like bullies in that unless we can destoy the opposition then we shrink into our shells. We need to show a lot more backbone. The title race is still alive but the tide has shifted and it will take an incredible show of character from City to do it. Got to say though, I have loved this season to bits!

I don't understand why so many attacks on Savic. He had a fair game, had one single misunderstanding with colleague and that caused them scoring a goal but it wasn't some huge mistake at all. Fair pass, it just went wrong since Balotelli (was it he) moved from his position in a millisecond Savic started a pass.

Our overall game was crap and that has nothing with Savic.

definitely offside.

poor show,

could be worse, could be better mind.

ruined my day, cheers lads.

mancmackem said:
It was offside, think a few blues need to put the blinkers away on this one and stop coming out with 'get back in the kitchen' like comments.

We weren't quick enough, lethal enough, pass well enough and overall not good enough. If I was a Swansea fan and drew that game I would be thoroughly pissed off. They were the better side.

Haven't seen it yet myself, but Lakey on Radio Manchester thought it was on side, also where the free kick was taken made him think it wasn't for an off side but a foul.

lazerblue said:
we were given a footballing lesson today, very poor.

You have to give a huge amount of credit to Swansea. They were excellent. It's a shame we couldn't play with the kind of intensity and tempo that they did.

Re: Saw Savic was starting so he backed Swans with £100

Rushton121 said:
Savic actually played well up until 1 misplaced pass which didn't even directly lead to the goal, but now he's getting slated.

We had 5 defenders against 3 of their players in the box when they scored....poor marking from Richards? (may have been Kolo) cost us the game, not Savic's misplaced pass

I actually agree with you on that to an extent he did ok but he has cost us time and again this season. Look at the 3-2 v Spurs he gave the ball away when Defoe put the ball about an inch wide in injury time, that could have been catastrophic. It was only a matter of time before the mistakes caught up with us and despite what you're saying if he hadn't given the ball away Swansea wouldn't have had the attack.

That being said, we were not good enough offensively today.

The tactics today were completely wrong.

Playing de Jong and Barry never works.

Starting Savic was a brainless decision. With the injuries we had I would of put Milner at right back and Micah as CB.

Not defending from the front. Dropping back against a team that passes it around is stupid. We invited pressure onto ourselves.

Persisting with Nasri. After 20 mins you know what you are going to get out of him. If you are thinking 'is he playing?' then get him the fuck off.

Leaving the substitutions til the last 10 mins. All 2nd half our attacks were shite yet Mancini didn't make a change.

Swansea deserved the win because we were there for the taking.
Our away form is abysmal. 2 goals in the last 6 games is not champion material. This is what may cause Mancini to fall on his sword at the end of the season.

Btw comments like the rags are shite are pathetic. Even a shit rag team can grind results like this one. We cannot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.