Swansea v City Post Match Discussion Thread

That was about as crappy as I have see the team play for a very long time.

Kudos to Swansea though; great manager he must be to make those players perform as well as they do week in and week out.

I predicted a Swansea win 2-0 and was slagged off, accused of being a rag. I have been watching and supporting City since I was 8 years old that was 53 years ago. Ive seen all this crap before as most of you have, losing is nothing new. The plan now should be to stay a close second and progress in the Eeuropa Cup. Come the rag match we must hit them as hard as fuck, thats when the title will be won or lost. If we win it great, fantastic if we give them a run for their money and come second yet win Europa Cup then its been another great season. So we must get into a winning mentality as soon as possible, and put this game behind us.

I had a quick look at the text of United game. Started poorly. Scored. West Brom denied penalty. Player sent off. United get penalty.

Standard stuff then. Whereas we have an offside goal disallowed when the lineswoman couldn't possibly have seen it with the sun in her eyes and we concede a penalty albeit saved.

Not saying we deserved to win, just pointing out what we may be up against.

A further point re United. One of the reasons they are so good in the Premier League is the same reason they are shit in Europe.

They play a basic game that does not rely on keeping possession. They can be playing poorly but they do create chances from wide positions.

Conversely our more continental style doeasn't create as many clear cut chances. See today we had far more chances than them but I struggle to remember one really good opportunity.

AJ gets bad press on here but would have offered more threat than Nasri or Silva who was badly off form.

Mikecini said:
PistonBlue said:
mancmackem said:
It was offside, think a few blues need to put the blinkers away on this one and stop coming out with 'get back in the kitchen' like comments.

We weren't quick enough, lethal enough, pass well enough and overall not good enough. If I was a Swansea fan and drew that game I would be thoroughly pissed off. They were the better side.

Haven't seen it yet myself, but Lakey on Radio Manchester thought it was on side, also where the free kick was taken made him think it wasn't for an off side but a foul.

Mate it was off side. I don't know how she saw it tbh, in a replay you could read her lips as she spoke into the mic thingy.

Was she asking Mason what he wanted for his tea?

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
You know, I seem to recall a few months ago when we went out of the CL, FA Cup, Carling Cup etc. that everyone said none of it matters because we're "Top of the league".

You only had to look at our away form to see that we would hand our position over to them at some stage and now we have to face Chelsea next week who certainly won't roll over and we have to go to Stoke... possibly the worst place for a team like ourselves to go to. We have to pretty much win every game now and hope we fuck them over in the derby, I feel more confident winning the derby than Stoke away though.

Got to start asking what happens to Mancini if he doesn't deliver the title? I can't see us settling for Europa League. Does anyone know if he's already been handed a new contract?

Sums it up for me too re derby v Stoke. Even if we do finish second then it's progress. We have to stick with Mancini. Remember the dark days when a successful season meant staying in the top flight. Look where we are now. Changing manager would take us back IMO.

AgueroO said:
Cavani1.jpg

This!

OUT
Dzeko, Savic, Kolarov, Nasri, Adebayor & Kolo

IN
Cavani, Guidetti, Gotze, Hummels, Muller & Lahm

spitsoutdrinkcomingtoamerica-vi.gif

Halfpenny said:
Meltdown of Chernobyl proportions among blues tonight. There are 10 matches left. As long as we stay within 3 points of them going into the derby I'm confident we'll do it. We were poor today but we'll be back.

Bad time to be having a bad time though. Two huge home games coming up and the players need to stand up and be counted. I'm with you though, I think we'll be fine. We need to beat Sporting and Chelsea to get some momentum going again. I know a lot of people think we should fuck the europa league off, but I don't believe that a squad the size of ours can justify not being able to compete in two competitions.

Before people start heading for the nearest tall building did the scum throw in the towel after getting tanked by Newcastle?Kompany,Lescott and more than likely Tevez will be back get behind them make plenty of noise and get ready for the Stretford Cockneys.

I know we are all dead disappointed, but keep yourselves rooted. This is the best season we have had in many a year. We are breaking records left, right and centre. We a moving so far so quickly. Appreciate it, enjoy it and get behind the lads. Would Utd think it is all over if they were one point behind the lead? Still in our hands as they need to come to us. Calm down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.