Swansea v City Post Match Discussion Thread

The_Jack said:
You missed the ref and lino.

Our pen was 50/50 but you see them given every week, Balotelli went down way to easily and was never a pen, and with replays Micah was clearly offside so Sian's call was spot on. Maybe we had a few free kicks in the middle of the park that were soft but that's hardly an excuse is it?[/quote]

Most impressive team we've played this season in the league. You are the only team to have outplayed us.

Oh, and your fans were the noisiest this season as well! Extremely impressive. But you've still got some work to do on your Poznan...

Kudos to the blues that schlepped all the way to swansea (nightmare journey) , some of these players need to start putting in more workrate at times instead of thinking they are that good they can play the game at walking pace with a few flicks here and there.If they matched other teams effort 99 times out of hundred the combination of skill ,technique and hard work will win out.

Its acceptable to tolerate a defeat if you can honestly say you gave it your all ,lets hope the lessons learned cos you know the media scum are loving it ,crying fans,barry having a strop,mancini under pressure etc.

First of all i am a Swansea city fan, Why are people going on about the ref and the lineswoman. When you see your so called goal he was offside plain and simple but not only that, some of the tackles that the Man city players did and did not get yellow card for was terrible and Balatelli kicking his own leg and you wanting a penalty what was that all about, saying that i don't think ours was a pen as well, but that was one of the worse displays that we have seen by any away team this season. You were far too negative and over half your players didn't care what happened, they were just there to pick up their hundred grand a week. We wanted it more and you of all teams should remember that as you were once in the lower leagues and having no money with your players playing for the club not the money!

Swansea were fantastic yesterday and fully deserved the win, however....

....can the visiting swans fans please leave off with the Talksport/SSN/Jealous fans rhetoric of our mercenary players not giving a shit and pocketing their £1,000,000,000 a week wages blah, blah fucking blah.

Other than that, welcome to the board.

cpt.carrot said:
First of all i am a Swansea city fan, Why are people going on about the ref and the lineswoman. When you see your so called goal he was offside plain and simple but not only that, some of the tackles that the Man city players did and did not get yellow card for was terrible and Balatelli kicking his own leg and you wanting a penalty what was that all about, saying that i don't think ours was a pen as well, but that was one of the worse displays that we have seen by any away team this season. You were far too negative and over half your players didn't care what happened, they were just there to pick up their hundred grand a week. We wanted it more and you of all teams should remember that as you were once in the lower leagues and having no money with your players playing for the club not the money!
Thanks for your wisdom, we do remember, all to painfully, unfortunately our PLAYERS don't remember as they weren't with us.

cpt.carrot said:

All respect to your team at the weekend, they played really well.

But let's not get carried away sunshine.

It was only a couple of years ago you were playing in a hovel supported by about 5,000 fans.

Success has brought you more fans, more income, better players... just like us.

You spent £5m on Danny Graham in the summer... a few years ago you could have bought your club for that. I'm sure there are clubs you've left behind, with far greater support and tradition, maybe Bristol City, who think you're buying success?

It's all relative.

And in Swansea, so I hear, that's a very appropriate analogy... ;-))

cpt.carrot said:

No one on this thread has said that Swansea weren't the better team and we can debate the referees decisions all day - personally I thought your player did a bit of a Gareth Pale on the penalty to make sure he got it.
However you clearly can't be gracious in victory and you've decided to sign in to the City forum to wind up their fans with the usual diatribe about richest club in the world, mercenary players etc. etc. Well find yourself an attractive looking sheep, a pair of strong wellies ,a steep cliff edge and have yourself a good evening. Go play somewhere else hybrid.

FantasyIreland said:
The_Jack said:
You missed the ref and lino.

Our pen was 50/50 but you see them given every week, Balotelli went down way to easily and was never a pen, and with replays Micah was clearly offside so Sian's call was spot on. Maybe we had a few free kicks in the middle of the park that were soft but that's hardly an excuse is it?

Blaming the officials is ridiculous and desperate.We were beaten by the better team,pure and simple.

It's not a great surprise given our recent level of performance.We have looked lethargic,lacklustre and struggling for ideas for some time.A half decent team was always going to cause us an 'upset'.[/quote]

I don’t blame refs or luck - after 38 games you finish where you deserve to finish.
However I do disagree about the balo decision. He was 100% clipped from behind while he was in control of the ball and about to shoot. Whether the defender did it intentionally is irrelevant (joe hart didn’t run out thinking “I’m going to intentionally foul this guy and give away a penalty”). The only question is whether it was a free kick or a pen – I would say probably a free kick. But to not give anything at all was quite unbelievable really

Why have you come onto a Man City discussion forum; thanks for the analysis. By the way Swansea were the best team I've seen at the Etihad this season.
cpt.carrot said:

cpt.carrot said:
Hope the rest of Swansea supporters aren't like yourself

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.