Swansea v City Post Match Discussion Thread

cleavers said:
BillyShears said:
About the same as me then ;) and goes to prove that because we lost Mancini won't be able to win. Its not just him though, I'm sure the whole coaching staff must have debated who would play, and that was the decision they came up with. For me I'd sooner have players in the right position, and I'd sooner Yaya was driving us forward, because other than possibly Kompany, of all our players, the one we have missed most this season is Yaya, and not as a centre half.

The problem is Savic has looked out of his depth every time he's played.

I know I'll get slated to high heaven and back for saying this, but Nedum shouldn't have been let go because he is a much better centre half than Savic and would've been much more useful to us than young Stefan.

BillyShears said:
cleavers said:
BillyShears said:
About the same as me then ;) and goes to prove that because we lost Mancini won't be able to win. Its not just him though, I'm sure the whole coaching staff must have debated who would play, and that was the decision they came up with. For me I'd sooner have players in the right position, and I'd sooner Yaya was driving us forward, because other than possibly Kompany, of all our players, the one we have missed most this season is Yaya, and not as a centre half.

I know I'll get slated to high heaven and back for saying this, but Nedum shouldn't have been let go because he is a much better centre half than Savic and would've been much more useful to us than young Stefan.

I'd be amazed if anyone thinks Savic is currently a better Premier League defender than Nedum. Boyata could have been brought back in Jan (think there was a clause). Cahill and Samba were both available at decent prices. Now whatever people think of those players, none of them are anywhere near as prone to match changing errors as Savic.

BillyShears said:
cleavers said:
BillyShears said:

...as poster above says Samba was a good option even if on loan.

fair point,in fact losing ned and loaning out boyata without bringing in any cover was a bad error,we were obviously going to need cover at some point with injuries,suspensions and if we hadnt of exited both domestic cups we would be even more exposed in defence.

Lancet Fluke said:
I'd be amazed if anyone thinks Savic is currently a better Premier League defender than Nedum. Boyata could have been brought back in Jan (think there was a clause). Cahill and Samba were both available at decent prices. Now whatever people think of those players, none of them are anywhere near as prone to match changing errors as Savic.

I think we have to accept that the owners made a decision that no money would be spent in January.

BillyShears said:
Lancet Fluke said:

I think we have to accept that the owners made a decision that no money would be spent in January.
Well then either Nedum shouldn't have been allowed to go or Boyata should have been brought back or possibly both.

Lancet Fluke said:
Well then either Nedum shouldn't have been allowed to go or Boyata should have been brought back or possibly both.

I agree.

BillyShears said:
Not by me you won't, though I suspect it was more a case of Nedum wanting to go after all what had gone on.

I'd say the same about Boyata, I do think that we were one short at the back, with not enough cover for injuries and suspensions, its possibly unlucky but could have been covered by either one of those two imho.

BillyShears said:
Lancet Fluke said:

I agree.
And it isn't neccessarily about yesterday because I concede that there were others to blame in the goal. But let's be honest, looking at his performances over the last 3 months, if he has to play many more games in this run in then it is going to be an absolute nightmare. Can you imagine him playing in the derby in April?

Too many KEY players not stepping up to the plate yesterday : Aguero, Silva, Nasri etc.

However Mancini's selection and tactics have to be called into question:

1. Why play DeJong and Barry (two defensive midfielders) with one man up front - what message does that send to the opposing team?

2. Why not start with AJ (fresh pair of legs), Kolorov (who for once is in form) and Pizarro - the problem is our starting line up had no attacking threat. We're too reliant on Silva and when he has a shit game we're toothless

3. Why take Barry off and leave a carded player on? De Jong was not effective and Barry offers the team more?

4. When it's clear that the game isn't going your way why so slow to change things? Bringing on subs with 10 minutes (or later) to go in order to change your attacking threat is pointless

5. Was Mancini saving some of our players for the Europa league game or did he underestimate Swansea at home

Let's hope we can turn this around while we still have time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.