Swansea v City Post Match Discussion Thread

Lancet Fluke said:
BillyShears said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Well then either Nedum shouldn't have been allowed to go or Boyata should have been brought back or possibly both.

I agree.
And it isn't neccessarily about yesterday because I concede that there were others to blame in the goal. But let's be honest, looking at his performances over the last 3 months, if he has to play many more games in this run in then it is going to be an absolute nightmare. Can you imagine him playing in the derby in April?

Eurgh. Perish the thought. Hopefully JL is back on Thu and we don't see Savic again for a year or two!

Lancet Fluke said:
Mikecini said:
Lancet Fluke said:
I don't think people hold Savic entirely responsible but he has to take a fair portion of the blame for giving the ball away in those circumstances. I also don't think people would be giving him stick if it wasn't on the back of some terrible performances. For what it's worth, I don't think he should be given any grief at all as it isn't his fault that he is way out of his depth, I'm sure he's trying his best. I find it unbelievable that Mancini keeps showing faith in him though at such a crucial stage of the season, I'd have thought that first half at Anfield would have made him realise that Savic isn't handling the pressure at all.

The thing is the only other option yesterday was to play Richards in the middle with Milner at right back. Who knows how this would have turned out, only the crystal ball merchants. Then we would of gone into the game with Savic on the bench and two players out of their normal positions.

To blame Savic, solely for the goal is well over the top. The passage of play had gone on too long from his/Yayas original mistake. The amount of time the Swansea player had to put the cross in was shocking.

I get the feeling Mancini is managing resources just a bit too tightly.

As I said, I agree it is harsh to hold Savic entirely responsible for the goal. Of course we will never know how things would have turned out if we'd played Milner or Clichy at right back and Richards in the middle but the one thing we do know and knew before the game is that Savic is currently out of his depth and is a disaster waiting to happen in more or less every match he starts. I don't claim to know a great deal about football but I texted my son yesterday with about 20 mins left and said I couldn't see us winning but we must hold what we have but that Savic was due his inevitable fuck up. Now the bottom line is he did fuck up and it did in part lead to the goal and it happens way too often and is way too predictable. And I'm really not interested in people saying that he played well against Spurs apart from the huge error, or that he did well yesterday until he conceded posiession and put us massively on the back foot or that he does well when we play teams that put us under no pressure at all. it means nothing.

I agree, largely, with what you said in the post I replied to, the crystal ball bit wasn't aimed at you.
Mistakes are made in football matches and regardless of who made the initial mistake we should have, as a team, defended the cross and header better. Several players made equally poor passes as Savics. And before anyone says ''yes but it didn't lead to a goal against us'' how many crap/ dead-end, wasted passes at the other end led to us not scoring a more important goal?
Savic isn't our best choice replacement but imo we had no other choice.

Mikecini said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Mikecini said:
The thing is the only other option yesterday was to play Richards in the middle with Milner at right back. Who knows how this would have turned out, only the crystal ball merchants. Then we would of gone into the game with Savic on the bench and two players out of their normal positions.

To blame Savic, solely for the goal is well over the top. The passage of play had gone on too long from his/Yayas original mistake. The amount of time the Swansea player had to put the cross in was shocking.

I get the feeling Mancini is managing resources just a bit too tightly.

As I said, I agree it is harsh to hold Savic entirely responsible for the goal. Of course we will never know how things would have turned out if we'd played Milner or Clichy at right back and Richards in the middle but the one thing we do know and knew before the game is that Savic is currently out of his depth and is a disaster waiting to happen in more or less every match he starts. I don't claim to know a great deal about football but I texted my son yesterday with about 20 mins left and said I couldn't see us winning but we must hold what we have but that Savic was due his inevitable fuck up. Now the bottom line is he did fuck up and it did in part lead to the goal and it happens way too often and is way too predictable. And I'm really not interested in people saying that he played well against Spurs apart from the huge error, or that he did well yesterday until he conceded posiession and put us massively on the back foot or that he does well when we play teams that put us under no pressure at all. it means nothing.

I agree, largely, with what you said in the post I replied to, the crystal ball bit wasn't aimed at you.
Mistakes are made in football matches and regardless of who made the initial mistake we should have, as a team, defended the cross and header better. Several players made equally poor passes as Savics. And before anyone says ''yes but it didn't lead to a goal against us'' how many crap/ dead-end, wasted passes at the other end led to us not scoring a more important goal?

Fair enough. Then what I would say is that if after all the money we have spent, two injured centre halves means we are down to having to pick players the standard of Savic, then it's a poor show. But then there are always other options if you don't want to pick a player but clearly Mancini is happy picking him, which again is fair enough, it's his call. If you go back to the semi at Anfield, it looked like he picked a system to actually shoe horn Savic into the team but also try to protect him from the inevitable mauling at the same time. I rate Mancini and almost always defend him but I just don't understand his faith in Savic and it is by definition faith because there is no evidence that picking him is a good idea.

Lancet Fluke said:
Mikecini said:
Lancet Fluke said:

Fair enough. Then what I would say is that if after all the money we have spent, two injured centre halves means we are down to having to pick players the standard of Savic, then it's a poor show. But then there are always other options if you don't want to pick a player but clearly Mancini is happy picking him, which again is fair enough, it's his call. If you go back to the semi at Anfield, it looked like he picked a system to actually shoe horn Savic into the team but also try to protect him from the inevitable mauling at the same time. I rate Mancini and almost always defend him but I just don't understand his faith in Savic and it is by definition faith because there is no evidence that picking him is a good idea.

I agree that to only have three, first choice (hope you get me meaning) center halves is poor. Savic is the fourth choice by a mile and nothing more than cover now his confidence appears to be in taters. I though he showed ability in his earlier games.The only time we have struggled defensively, I think, has been when we were in the same position around the time of Kompany's ban?

Who's decision it was not to strengthen or send Boyata on loan we don't and won't know.

Until yesterday you were sitting happily at the summit of the league with no talk of mancini out! Now you lose one game and off the top you want him out? Loyal fans you lot are! It's still in your hands, win every game and the title is yours. Maybe it's worth blaming those over paid 'stars' of yours that are in it for the money and not for the team. Hart was the only player to shake hands with the whole swans team and then applaud your fans after the game...shows how much they appreciate your support. And also with regards to Savic, what is he your 4th choice centre half and playing because of injuries? It's not as if he's starting him every game and anyway before yesterday the 3 league games he had started you had taken 9 points.
Although it was a bad result for you, we have only lost to 1 of the top 5 at home this season so why can't you except that you were beaten by the better team on the day and get on with it rather than blaming players/managers that have done so well for you for the majority of the season.
Good luck for the rest of the season

The_Jack said:
Until yesterday you were sitting happily at the summit of the league with no talk of mancini out! Now you lose one game and off the top you want him out? Loyal fans you lot are! It's still in your hands, win every game and the title is yours. Maybe it's worth blaming those over paid 'stars' of yours that are in it for the money and not for the team. Hart was the only player to shake hands with the whole swans team and then applaud your fans after the game...shows how much they appreciate your support. And also with regards to Savic, what is he your 4th choice centre half and playing because of injuries? It's not as if he's starting him every game and anyway before yesterday the 3 league games he had started you had taken 9 points.
Although it was a bad result for you, we have only lost to 1 of the top 5 at home this season so why can't you except that you were beaten by the better team on the day and get on with it rather than blaming players/managers that have done so well for you for the majority of the season.

I see no shame in losing to Swansea at their home. I know you play very well there. But who of the top teams beat you there? Yes...Man United!!! This is the problem...regardless of the fact that you play so well at home we lost and that's why we aren't top of the league anymore.

This was pretty much a must win game regardless of your home form. Aswell as lost a game our only rivals (united) won.

The_Jack said:

You missed the ref and lino.

You missed the ref and lino.[/quote]

Our pen was 50/50 but you see them given every week, Balotelli went down way to easily and was never a pen, and with replays Micah was clearly offside so Sian's call was spot on. Maybe we had a few free kicks in the middle of the park that were soft but that's hardly an excuse is it?

The_Jack said:

Our pen was 50/50 but you see them given every week, Balotelli went down way to easily and was never a pen, and with replays Micah was clearly offside so Sian's call was spot on. Maybe we had a few free kicks in the middle of the park that were soft but that's hardly an excuse is it?[/quote]

Blaming the officials is ridiculous and desperate.We were beaten by the better team,pure and simple.

It's not a great surprise given our recent level of performance.We have looked lethargic,lacklustre and struggling for ideas for some time.A half decent team was always going to cause us an 'upset'.

The_Jack said:

Our pen was 50/50 but you see them given every week, Balotelli went down way to easily and was never a pen, and with replays Micah was clearly offside so Sian's call was spot on. Maybe we had a few free kicks in the middle of the park that were soft but that's hardly an excuse is it?[/quote]

Wasn't an attempt at an excuse, it was an attempt at humor. The only excuse you missed.

While we are at it though, Ballo a foul though I thought it was outside the box, Sians call was correct though how she could see I don't know, I think she went for the safe option. The only blame I could give to the ref was, as you say, in the middle a few decisions made on the calls from the crowd.

Ultimately we couldn't score.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.