Swansea v City Post Match Thread

3 very important points today. Never really hit the heights but still got the job done. If pellers persists in playing yaya in a two man midfield especially away from home it will cost us the title. To say he put in a half arsed performance would be being very kind to him. The amount of work fernandiniho has to get through to compensate for him is criminal. Navas has really stepped up of late, him and zabs look so good on that side. Kolorov has somehow overtaken clichy as first choice on the left ( most likely because he actually has an end product). Nagredo had a shocker today , let's hope that it's an isolated aberration in an otherwise excellent first season. Hart wasn't at his best either ,on another day his flapping could have cost us. Hopefully kuns back soon because we're not the same side without him especially when Silvas on the field. Had a quick look through the remaining fixtures for ourselves, the gooners and the chavs. If we are to regain our crown than we will have to beat chelsea on that first monday in february.

welsh_andy said:
just back from game, and well soaked
i think was combo of conditions and amount of games had caught up on a few, nas did ok, kolarov and edin had touches of elephants, for me fern outshone them all, he put in a shift he was running back,

Why am I not surprised you said that?

Ducado said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Some very poor performances today, but a great 3 points.

Nasri and kolorov were awful, particularly first half. Their wide men couldn't believe their luck on that side. They just kept running past them.
The amount of times the front two miss controlled it was unreal. Negredo worst game by far. Better play by them and we could have had half a dozen.

The midfield, like at Sunderland, missed silva dreadfully, wouldn't take responsibility and kept taking the safe option. We were better when yaya went into the hole.

But even given all that, we deserved to win and I'm delighted we did. Those players (kolorov aside) won't play as poorly as that very often.

Navas and kompany played well, but Without Kun and silva, all that matters is the points. We are currently picking up wins with absences and without being at our best. We will get better.

Rather harsh that DD, given the conditions and the amount of games

not harsh really, just putting it down to bad day at the office for alot of players, and i agree when Silva Kun missing 3 points is all that matters and that goes double when we are away, i was a very worried man at half time today

bluemc1 said:
Ducado said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Some very poor performances today, but a great 3 points.

Nasri and kolorov were awful, particularly first half. Their wide men couldn't believe their luck on that side. They just kept running past them.
The amount of times the front two miss controlled it was unreal. Negredo worst game by far. Better play by them and we could have had half a dozen.

The midfield, like at Sunderland, missed silva dreadfully, wouldn't take responsibility and kept taking the safe option. We were better when yaya went into the hole.

But even given all that, we deserved to win and I'm delighted we did. Those players (kolorov aside) won't play as poorly as that very often.

Navas and kompany played well, but Without Kun and silva, all that matters is the points. We are currently picking up wins with absences and without being at our best. We will get better.

Rather harsh that DD, given the conditions and the amount of games

not harsh really, just putting it down to bad day at the office for alot of players, and i agree when Silva Kun missing 3 points is all that matters and that goes double when we are away, i was a very worried man at half time today
I agree with Ducado. I think the fixture congestion is tiring the players and they put in a good performance considering in bad conditions.

Awful conditions. Delighted we won!
That is all that can be said as we were pretty poor.

In fact, a microcosm of our away performances this season.
- Bad officiating that gave Swansea their equaliser.
- Poor defending on multiple occasions - from front to back.
- Awful finishing on multiple occasions. Especially from Negrado who missed 6 guilt edged opportunities or failed to pass to a man in a better position. If Dzeko had missed those people would be demanding his head.

The difference to our defeats?:
- Much better defensively after Milner came on - he really has to play from the start away from home.-
- Hart had a good game aside from the cross that he didn't reach that we should have paid for.

No way will we win the league if we continue to play like that away from home.

BlueAnorak said:

- Awful finishing on multiple occasions. Especially from Negrado who missed 6 guilt edged opportunities or failed to pass to a man in a better position. If Dzeko had missed those people would be demanding his head.

The differences:
Much better defensively after Milner came on - he really has to play from the start away from home.
Hart had a good game aside from the cross that he didn't reach that we should have paid for.

Lol

grim up north said:
BlueAnorak said:

The differences:
Much better defensively after Milner came on - he really has to play from the start away from home.
Hart had a good game aside from the cross that he didn't reach that we should have paid for.

Lol
It's like watching Bizarro from the Superman comics, isn't it?

Nasri was one of the bet players today thought he had a good game. Kolorov and dzeko were poor I thought. Good he scored the goal tho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.