Swansea v City Post Match Thread

Bilboblue said:
welsh_andy said:
just back from game, and well soaked
i think was combo of conditions and amount of games had caught up on a few, nas did ok, kolarov and edin had touches of elephants, for me fern outshone them all, he put in a shift he was running back,

Why am I not surprised you said that?
i gave a account what i seen, both showed some terrible touches, am i suppose to bs and say they were awesome when they wernt, could have said edin was a total donkey today, but i didnt.
plus i said probs combo of wether and tiredness,

Good win away from, hopefully shows the away results will come. the players looked tired but still managed a win...

Happy new year!

welsh_andy said:
Bilboblue said:
welsh_andy said:
just back from game, and well soaked
i think was combo of conditions and amount of games had caught up on a few, nas did ok, kolarov and edin had touches of elephants, for me fern outshone them all, he put in a shift he was running back,

i gave a account what i seen, both showed some terrible touches, am i suppose to bs and say they were awesome when they wernt, could have said edin was a total donkey today, but i didnt.

Only cos you'd be wrong..

If scoring a goal means a player has had a poor game then may the elephants touch us all more often

happy new year

out fans sounded great over here in Madrid BTW none stop noise

Another manager, another manager that can't give credit where credit is do and take the loss on the chin:

"I think the first half (we were) excellent, we came back and had more chances than Man City and then they got the second goal via a deflection off Ashley (Williams)," he said after the match.

"Of course conceding three goals to a top team like City it's difficult to win."

He added: "I think the third goal really hurt us because we tried to come back, we had a chance and then they scored the third one.

"It looked quite soft to me, we missed the ball there and we could have done much more for that goal in different parts of the pitch. So it was really uphill after that.

"We got a second goal but it was too late."

Pulled from The Mirror.

BlueAnorak said:
Awful conditions. Delighted we won!
That is all that can be said as we were pretty poor.

In fact, a microcosm of our away performances this season.
- Bad officiating that gave Swansea their equaliser.
- Poor defending on multiple occasions - from front to back.
- Awful finishing on multiple occasions. Especially from Negrado who missed 6 guilt edged opportunities or failed to pass to a man in a better position. If Dzeko had missed those people would be demanding his head.

The difference to our defeats?:
- Much better defensively after Milner came on - he really has to play from the start away from home.-
- Hart had a good game aside from the cross that he didn't reach that we should have paid for.

No way will we win the league if we continue to play like that away from home.

You never fail to disappoint do you LOL, it must be hell for you watching us

MillionDollarDream said:
Another manager, another manager that can't give credit where credit is do and take the loss on the chin:

"I think the first half (we were) excellent, we came back and had more chances than Man City and then they got the second goal via a deflection off Ashley (Williams)," he said after the match.

"Of course conceding three goals to a top team like City it's difficult to win."

He added: "I think the third goal really hurt us because we tried to come back, we had a chance and then they scored the third one.

"It looked quite soft to me, we missed the ball there and we could have done much more for that goal in different parts of the pitch. So it was really uphill after that.

"We got a second goal but it was too late."

Pulled from The Mirror.
I'm okay with that as my suspicion is he's trying to keep his squad's confidence intact. They're not going through the best patch of form.

Result was more important than the performance , we cant play like world beaters every game , we didnt have silva or aguero today both big players for us , but you would think we had lost today with some of the negativity on here ,cant understand how yaya got MofM thats a mystery ,dinho was the best player on the park , and despite rotating the team , a lot of tired legs on show today .
We will probably play more than 60 games this season , so we are going to have to grind out a few results , this was the 1st of 5 away games in january ,if MP gets his tactics and selection right we could be in a carling cup final , top of the league , and in the 5th round of the fa cup and looking forward to champs league game against Barca , not bad for a team that cant play away from home (for the record our away from is WON 8 DREW 2 LOST 4 SCORED 32 , not to shabby)

samharris said:
welsh_andy said:
Bilboblue said:

exactly i said it how it was, case closed, hahaq

welsh_andy said:
samharris said:
welsh_andy said:

exactly i said it how it was, case closed, hahaq
Is that a laugh in welsh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.