Swindon Town 1965 Crowd 8015 Were you there ?

derek said:
I was there, I am sure it was a Saturday even though I was a young kid I remember Summerbee being on the right wing, I thought he was a good player and was pleased when we signed him the following close season.

Those were really dark days and look where we are now

It was before Summerbee's time Wagstaff and young were the wingers

1955blue said:
Yes. I was on the old scoreboard end with my dad.

Me too.

Dire. I'd played football that morning. Had I brought my boots I reckon I'd have got a game.

pb1951 said:
derek said:
I was there, I am sure it was a Saturday even though I was a young kid I remember Summerbee being on the right wing, I thought he was a good player and was pleased when we signed him the following close season.

Those were really dark days and look where we are now

It was before Summerbee's time Wagstaff and young were the wingers

Wagstaffe had gone to Wolves by then. Young and Connor were on the wings.

Wagstaffe first appeared for Wolves on Boxing Day. I recall it well as I was away with my family at my Grandparents in the Midlands. I got the supporters bus to Molineaux and my first recollection was Wagstaffe, then my favourite player, being introduced as their new signing.

The Swindon match was looking like the last straw especially after the cup defeat at Shrewsbury the previous Wednesday.

However City then signed Johnny Crossan and things started to look up!

I was but a twinkle in my dad's eye and he went (he doesn't like to talk about it, very dark depressing days for us back then apparently) so does that count?

I was there, it was a cold and misty night, stood on the kippax with my mate who was a rags fan.
It was accepted them days, i used to go the swamp with him, not often i must add.

dawlish dave said:
Blue Mist said:
No I missed this one and ever since I have hated myself because of it. How can I call myself a true Blue ? When the away fans sing 'where were you when you were shit', I cringe with embarrasment because I know I was sat at home playing with my cars and toy garage.

No did not attend I was working but attended on Wed before Shewsbury town away 3rd round replay lost 2-1 Matt Grey scored I think, met a fellow blue Bill Gwyther on station after the game waiting for footy special our darkest day few years later huged each other in the Prater stadium. Football eh "boddy ell"

Hang on you 2, am I getting grief from you both ? I was only 6 ! (and my dad worked Saturdays and hated football, my older brother was only 8 and besides i couldn't get a ticket !)

Didn't go to this one don't know why, coz been to the cup game with Shrewsbury which we drew and went to the one after Swindon which was palace I think , manager George louder got sacked just after,
Summerbee was playing for Swindon in that match
Should have been George Poyser fuck predictive text

give & go said:
Didn't go to this one don't know why, coz been to the cup game with Shrewsbury which we drew and went to the one after Swindon which was palace I think , manager George louder got sacked just after,
Summerbee was playing for Swindon in that match
Should have been George Poyser fuck predictive text

George Poyser gets my vote as the worst City manager ever.

The Swindon game was the last straw that even a placid City Board could not ignore. Support was melting away unlike when we dropped to the third tier. The inspired appointment of Mercer and Allison was out of character. Soon after we stopped being a selling club, saw the silky skills of Crossan, brought on young players and the rest is history.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.