Swindon Town (A) - FA Cup 3rd Round - Fri 7th Jan, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodri wont play

Would have said similar before this outbreak. I think he'll play now.

All the players bar the South Americans (Brazil have qualified for the World Cup though) have a 14 day break between Southampton (A) on Jan 22nd and FA Cup 4th round weekend (5th Feb).

We only have Chelsea (H) between this and Southampton (A).

Think Pep will take them all away for 7-10 days rest in Abu Dhabi at the end of January.

Last edited:
Right, out with it, how many of you bastards have money on Swindon. I had a tenner on Watford in the Final, and then we go 'n bang in six. If I put another tenner on Swindon will we replicate the final? The DT this morning are reporting that Town are goin' to try a passing game which brought such a good result for them on Saturday, and they have no plans to kick the bejasus out of our players. 'Twill be an interesting game which I shall view on mute. Can't seem to get Halifax, Chesterfield or Wigan out of my head for some reason.

Right, out with it, how many of you bastards have money on Swindon. I had a tenner on Watford in the Final, and then we go 'n bang in six. If I put another tenner on Swindon will we replicate the final? The DT this morning are reporting that Town are goin' to try a passing game which brought such a good result for them on Saturday, and they have no plans to kick the bejasus out of our players. 'Twill be an interesting game which I shall view on mute. Can't seem to get Halifax, Chesterfield or Wigan out of my head for some reason.
Or Shrewsbury.

The Merlin is welcoming to away fans. Better pubs in Old Town further up the hill but that leaves a longer walk to the ground (but easier parking). I've only lived in Wiltshire, not Swindon itself, and even that was many years ago so am not best placed to judge specific pubs.

Anyone driving and wanting a gentler experience to soaking up the raucous pre-match atmosphere in crowded town centre pubs might consider going a few miles outside into the countryside.

The Bakers Arms, in the village of Badbury (just half a mile off Jct. 15 of the M4) does a fantastic fish and chips and the ample girth of the landlord is testimony to good food across the board.

There's also the Blue Boar in Aldbourne, 6 miles south of Swindon. Classic country pub right on the village green. It's claim to fame is that it was the Junior Officers Mess of the US 101st Airborne Division that was stationed there in 1944. Lt. Dick Winters and the Band of Brothers - lots of photos and history on the walls.
I'm not going today but appreciate the top tips. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.