Swindon Town (A) - FA Cup 3rd Round | Post Match Thread

Glad you enjoyed the game I must be honest and say some of the most enjoyable games for me have been the cup games. Like Cheltenham you gave us a game !. Nice ground and good vocal support last night and played in the right way, full credit to your club.
It's clear that you try to play football and not hoofball and you arent a group of cloggers.

My missus cheered when you score ! I still gave her 'that look' lol but it was good you had a goal and the lad enjoyed his moment.

Good luck in the future
I have a confession to make that at 3-0 up I said to the lad that I hoped that they knicked a consolation goal for all their fans there and what they have been through as a club recently and actually felt that there football deserved a goal. Would have taken that back mind if they had got a second ;-)

I have a confession to make that at 3-0 up I said to the lad that I hoped that they knicked a consolation goal for all their fans there and what they have been through as a club recently and actually felt that there football deserved a goal. Would have taken that back mind if they had got a second ;-)

Lol I did only give the missus only a half hearted 'that look' if they had got a second than it would have been the full 'that look' ;)

Fair play to Man City. You didn't need to ever get out of second gear in what was effectively a training session, but still brought a decent following on a freezing Friday night, respected the FA Cup, and fielded a very strong team. Had to draw breath when we saw the starting eleven. But that's Pep. His team is like a well-oiled engine and to keep it purring in tip-top condition, players need to keep playing.

We couldn't get tickets despite being regular supporters but at least some of our new and younger supporters got to see some of your galaxy of stars. Excited by Palmer - what an English talent. But for me your most important player is Rodri. The guy is immense, like he has a 5-metre force field surrounding him. Had not appreciated just how good he is until last night.

Suicidal defending gifted you a couple of goals, which deflated things a bit. In League Two, some teams think they are 'pressing' us when their two strikers run like headless chickens, and we play through it easily. But to be faced with a possee of 6 players, containing the likes of Jesus, KDB, Silva, pressing you in your own penalty area... let's hope our manager (who is a Pep disciple) and players learned from that.

Shame our two best players were injured - Jack Payne is our best player by far and he must be gutted he missed the chance to play against Man City. And our first-team goalkeeper is better with his feet and better organised and would have prevented two of your goals. Hey-ho. You could easily have scored more goals anyway.

My only disappointment with Man City was on the rare occasions we broke away in midfield on the counter attack, our players were hauled back or felled and the attack prevented. Hence why you got three yellow cards to our none. Didn't need to do that when 3-0 up against a L2 team but I guess that's all part of the well-oiled machine... play professionally and the same way whoever the opposition.

I don't understand why City get the stick they do in the PL. Just jealousy I guess. Anyway I think you won over a lot of new admirers in Wiltshire last night. A very classy club.

A very fair assessment.

Shame you couldn't get to the game. Good game not go to for me as I live near your superior neighbours: Oxford. We paid to park in the Tesco which turned out to be an even better choice than it looked when I booked it: a very short walk brought us straight to the away end, which apparently hadn't been used for two years.

Seemed like your supporters enjoyed themselves despite the beating. They celebrated your goal like a cup win (I'm old enough to remember Don Rogers).

On the short walk back to the car, heard some supporters talking about not getting battered and how Swindon scoring would have hurt City, which made me smile. Hard not to seem condescending about such comments but we did dominate the game massively: it's what we do. We kind of batter teams without them noticing.

I thought Swindon worked hard and were organised and it's nice though to see a L2 team trying to play from the back. Hope you get promoted so the U's can batter you ;-). (I'm from Manchester but 31 years living in S.Oxon has an influence).

A very fair assessment.

Shame you couldn't get to the game. Good game not go to for me as I live near your superior neighbours: Oxford. We paid to park in the Tesco which turned out to be an even better choice than it looked when I booked it: a very short walk brought us straight to the away end, which apparently hadn't been used for two years.

Seemed like your supporters enjoyed themselves despite the beating. They celebrated your goal like a cup win (I'm old enough to remember Don Rogers).

On the short walk back to the car, heard some supporters talking about not getting battered and how Swindon scoring would have hurt City, which made me smile. Hard not to seem condescending about such comments but we did dominate the game massively: it's what we do. We kind of batter teams without them noticing.

I thought Swindon worked hard and were organised and it's nice though to see a L2 team trying to play from the back. Hope you get promoted so the U's can batter you ;-). (I'm from Manchester but 31 years living in S.Oxon has an influence).
I was going to give your post the benefit of the doubt until you mentioned the Scum.

A cursory glance at the bird feeding table tells you all you need to know...

Attachments

• Robin vs Tit.jpg
    Robin vs Tit.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 48

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.