Swings and Roundabouts -Decisions for and Against

Slightly off the topic but Evertons goal just scored by lukaku ,he stepped back from an offside position to head it in trouble is linos don't watch the game just the event/outcome??

Slightly off the topic but Evertons goal just scored by lukaku ,he stepped back from an offside position to head it in trouble is linos don't watch the game just the event/outcome??

The trouble is they're expected to watch two events simultaneously (moment the ball is played and position of the attacker) and expected to make a correct judgement about offside (don't get me wrong the 1st spurs goal was still blatant)

The trouble is they're expected to watch two events simultaneously (moment the ball is played and position of the attacker) and expected to make a correct judgement about offside (don't get me wrong the 1st spurs goal was still blatant)

Agreed, but they get it right much more often than not, which made Saturdays decision all the more incredulous

Action has previously been taken against Simon Beck. After a match between the rags and chavs he was demoted to the Championship for 7 games together with Mike Dean, after failing to raise his flag when Drogba was clearly offside. GPC wrote it up in his match report to the officials and the Professional Game Match Officials Limited decided the mistakes were serious enough to demote both Dean and Beck.

The decision to demote was alleged to have been made without any interference from Old Trafford. Hmm...

And have they been back to The Swamp since! After Crappenberg fiddled that Dipper derby when Joleoninho was upended in the LIverpool area and got nowt seconds after he awarded The Dippers a pen, it was a substantial time gap before he got another game at Goodison.

We got this against Southampton a couple of seasons back:

The problem with football fans is people only scream about it when it goes against them. There's no doubt in my mind that the offside rule needs a video replay. It's impossible for anybody to be able to get it correct everytime.
Well, it is always difficult to get offside calls wrong when it's a fluid situation, with players moving around at speed.
I don't recall city fans "screaming" when West ham scored an offside goal when they won 2-1, I think last season? The issue is the spurs offsides should have been easy to spot.

In fact, on checking none of the match reports during that West ham mentioned the offside at all, in stark contrast to the commentary after the de Bruyne goal.

And as far as Southampton is concerned, it was a pretty one sided game I recall, so not as if the offside made a huge difference. Whereas, the timing of the offside in our game against spurs, and the mata offside versus Southampton, was critical which us why the outrage.

And that Southampton offside was more than made up for with that card against Aguero fir "diving"

For the best example of how football never really balances, look no further than the 1-1 draw at Stoke when Peter Crouch scored his wonder goal.
In that game, Stoke were denied a clear cut penalty in the first minute, after Gareth Barry had tripped Glenn Whelan.
Two days later, Fulham were denied an absolute blatant penalty in the dying seconds at Old Trafford. (Evans on Murphy)

At the Press Conference, Ferguson smirked, whilst pointing to the Barry challenge, as some kind of firm evidence that City couldn’t really complain.

Well actually, as United won 1-0, it would have made a huge difference, if both penalties had been awarded and converted.

City would have had one point less, but United would have lost two.

I thought there was mitigating circumstances, the two are not remotely comparable. When the ball is played forward by Yaya silva is onside . The ball goes into dzeko and is flicked onto Silva who at this point is offside. However, the big mitigation for the linesman in this game, and what I assume happened here, is the linesman was unsighted by the Southampton players and it wouldn't have been clear who the ball ricoched off. Hence why the flag didn't go up.

Contrast that with Saturdays decision ball passed straight to a spurs player in full view of the linesman with the spurs player stood clearly and unequivocally offside. Absolute corrupt disgrace.

Equally saints were awarded a penalty in the game which would negate any arguments that any favouritism was going on in our favour in that game.

They're both 3-5 yards offside. Silva in this instance and Walker on Saturday.

This place is actually becoming more and more like rawk.

Well, it is always difficult to get offside calls wrong when it's a fluid situation, with players moving around at speed.
I don't recall city fans "screaming" when West ham scored an offside goal when they won 2-1, I think last season? The issue is the spurs offsides should have been easy to spot.

In fact, on checking none of the match reports during that West ham mentioned the offside at all, in stark contrast to the commentary after the de Bruyne goal.

And as far as Southampton is concerned, it was a pretty one sided game I recall, so not as if the offside made a huge difference. Whereas, the timing of the offside in our game against spurs, and the mata offside versus Southampton, was critical which us why the outrage.

And that Southampton offside was more than made up for with that card against Aguero fir "diving"

Of course the Southampton one was crucial, it put us 2-1 up in what was up to then an even game just before half time. After that we won the game at a canter much the same way spurs did on Saturday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.