Swings and Roundabouts -Decisions for and Against

Because it makes winning easier - which means we will win more trophies, which will make us fans happy.
Pretty much, yeah. But I'd replace the word ****, with smart or wise. If we were smarter we'd be the team getting all the decisions, not giving stupid free kicks away with 10 mins to go when we're 2-1 down.
No, I think they give us all the decisions they see, or are aware of, but we could give them a helping hand pointing out certain fouls etc.
City participate in both FA and UEFA competitions, if it's their issue it's our issue.

I do get what you're saying overall, I'm just playing devil's advocate to some extent.

I think you'd prefer City to stay as we are, winning a handful of domestic trophies in an honest manner.

I'd prefer us to win everything, at almost any cost. IMO we get pelted by the majority of non-city media and fans regardless. Barcelona cheat there way to the Champions League final on a regular basis, but no-one will remember that in 50 years, they'll just look at how good Messi and co were to win 3/4 European cups and several leagues. When we won the league in 13/14, everyone remembers the heroic swing in fortunes between us and Liverpool, no-body talks about Dzeko rolling round, refusing to get of the pitch for 5 mins in added time at Goodison Park. It was smart, it gave us a breather and ran the clock down, I'm very happy he did it and it got us over the line in the league.

It's not a black and white scale though, Diving for penalties, or purposely winding opposition players up to the point they kick you and get sent off is different to tactically time wasting etc - we barely do any of it and it shows in our recent European record.

For starters, trying to add weight to your argument by inventing things is just fucking stupid.

I want City to win everything and more but would I want us to resort to cheating, unhanded methods like some of the other big clubs use to get us there - not a fucking hope in hell.

Moments like the "Agueroooooo" one mean more to us than anyone could possibly ever imagine simply because we know we won that title, despite the Scum cunts diving, cheating and getting away with hacking people down without being penalised. We won it fairly and if anything in the face of adversity with the decisions that went against us between the 1-6 and February, that made it all the sweeter and I wouldn't change it for the world.

By cheating all you're doing is cheating yourself out of moments in life like that, its not worth it. Win fairly and it means sooo much more.

Kelechi with a perfectly good goal chalked off today. Balanced by a penalty (possible red card) not given against Otamendi (I think) early on.

Sums it up today.

I will just add though that any contact from a City player seems to bring the whistle straight to the refs mouth virtually every week whilst its not always the same the other way.

kelechis goal should have stood.....wasnt even close to being offside.....great finish as well....showed real confidence and a great run off he ball

Not seen a replay of the penalty incident they had at 0-0 but it looked like a definite one where I was sat, and possibly a straight red?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.