swp banned

Dubai Blue said:
Chippy_boy said:
marcus said:
the comparison with the chealsea player cannot be used as in that case the linesman siad he saw it!!! which means no further action can be taken. well why the fuck didnt the linesman do anything about it in the first place??

the comparison has to be ronaldo v spurs when he kicked out at dawson. neither the ref nor the linesman saw it so why no action for that??

the big 4 are quite happy with the status quo and are basically more powerful than the prem or fa. the prem are shit scared of upsetting them.

mayber swp deserves to be banned, prob does in fairness. but we just want consistancy and fair play to teams outside the top 4.

Agree with this ^

The other thing is that refs need to be hauled up as well. It's a complete joke for the ref in our case to say he didn't see it. The video evidence shows him staring at SWP as he kicks out.

The fact is he saw SWP kick out and decided that he wasn't going to punish it. Presumably because he had just seen SWP get scythed to the ground and then kicked while on the floor. And then after the event - maybe having seen it on TV - he decides he's made a blunder and comes out and says he didn't see the incident. What a load of horseshit.
The way I see it is that pressure is unduly put on the referees by the governing bodies (bear with me).

If he stuck to the truth that he did see it and didn't deem it punishable, he himself would be handed a ban from refereeing in the Premiership (at least for one week). So from a selfish point of view, he has the choice of who gets banned; himself or SWP. A pretty easy judgement call to make, I'm sure you'll agree.

Having the said that, the ref and linesman in the Bosingwa incident should never officiate in the premier league again. They were both directly on top of the incident and couldn't possibly have missed it.

RE Bosingwa. As I remember, the linesman waived for the foul but the ref ignored him. As has been said elsewhere, SWP may yet benefit from being 'rested' for three bruising away games.

The game is bent.

We all knew it anyway but they are so under the thumb now that they would rather it be blatantly obvious to everyone than risk upseting one of the chosen few.

The whole thing stinks and there cannot be a more corrupt governing body in all of sport, even if their corruption is borne out of fear originally.

what an absolute disgrace.. FA is bent! like what john terry got his red card overturned for the rugby tackle he did to our guy. if i wasnt a lady id fekin swear!! so @#$%^@~@~ *&^£@£?@: load of a@£#@?OLES

I haven't read through the whole of this thread, but has anyone mentioned the Eboue sending off v spurs?
Eboue lashed out exactly the same as Sweep, but he was only shown the yellow card. Ok, he was sent off
as it was his second yellow, but shouldn't it of been a straight red?

I really don't care what the rules say, but all I want is consistency...
So you know from one week to another, one referee to another, to all teams...
You kick out at some-one, you are going to get sent off. No ifs', no buts', straight red.

I could live with that.

And I did say to the missus at the time that I thought Sweep was going to be sent off too.

I honestly dont think its as bad as all that, SWP hasn't been playing out of his skin lately anyway
GIVEN
RICHARDS KOMPANY NED BRIDGE

IRELAND DE JONG PAB ZAB ROBINHO

BELLAMY CACEIDO

Its only 3 games and gives sweep a rest

coleridge said:
RE Bosingwa. As I remember, the linesman waived for the foul but the ref ignored him.
The linesman flagged for a free-kick to Chelsea. I kid you not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.