SWP ineffective

I have said all season he is playing like there is something bothering him we all love Shauny but he isn't the same player that he was when he left or for the first few months when he returned. I agree with the comments about his defensive work he has been good dropping back but up front he hasn't been anyway near his usual standards he seems too lightweight knocked off the ball far to easy. Capello has pretty much got it right with his player choices for England and he dropped Shaun.

Sometimes I wonder what game other people were watching.

It was an away game against a hoof and run team with 2 whippets looking for knockdowns from the big man. Shauny and Zab did a good job of rendering Young ineffective, while Bridge and Bellamy did a superb job on the other side. A hard earned point, which we were full value for.

Petrov starts, not as effective tracking back as Bellamy or SWP, we are exposed, we lose the game. Hughes got it 100% right.

(edit - and I had Petrov starting above Shauny in my team!)

Everybody but hughes could see he was absolutely nackered. A good rest and he should be much better, as a right winger though he gives the right back alot of cover. I just wonder what the people who told me I couldn't drop tevez in my team against villa have to say.

admitadly not at his best at the moment but still influencial and offers good defensive cover down the right...love the guy and he took some hits tonight....he will be back

keith Curley Watts said:
How he got the nod over Petrov i just dont know and when we had to target men leading the line why was he not brought on and Bellamy switched to the right! these little things are the difference between winning and drawing games! For me i love SWP but he should be a squad player now and be no way near the first team.[/quote

took the words right out of my mouth.

No end product far too often i'm afraid. It's maybe time to give him a rest. 3 assists he has this season with over 50 runs, not a great return.

S w p needs a rest he also needs the fans behind him.he is a player that thrives on confidence

He just isn't good enough. No guile, no end product, can't take a corner. Petrov has to replace him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.