SWP - legend

He's been far better in pre season than Johnson,who looks flat and one dimensional.If he keeps getting opportunities in pre season and keeps performing,Mr. Billy big time Johnson may have to watch his back for the starting slot.

TrueBlueSte said:
I said it all last season, this guy is definatly better than AJ and should start before him
and now these 2 friendly games have rubber stamped it eh?
jesus fuckin christ

Aj is still a good player and offers us something different. I, like most City fans love SWP. I hope he gets more games next season and gets a new contract. I think Mancini must see something in him and wants to give him that chance when you look at some of the players left behind for the tour, if Bobby didn't rate him he would have been left in the UK with Bridge, Onouha, Johnson, Given, Ade, Bellamy etc. Shaun is a blue, he doesn't want to leave, he wants to wear the shirt and it seems like he is fighting for it right now.

Got to say whoever we sign and City been linked with world class stars, I don't know if they will generate more excitement than the resigning of SWP did!

weejh said:
I think one of the reasons Shaun has looked good so far, is down to the fact that the pressure is really off him for the first time in a long time, he was widely expected to be leading the exodus this summer, but now seems to have s spring back in his step, he never expected to be on the tour and has therefor got nothing to lose.

This... in addition, I think Club America and Vancouver kind have though the same thing and ignored him a bit. I'm curious to see how the Galaxy play him this weekend. I love watching him play at this level though, I hope he keeps it up!

The problem with SWP is that he simply loses the ball too much to be a top player and to fit into our style of play. At times last year in the Europa it was painful watching him run into defenders over and over again. Great to see him having a good pre-season though and would be great to see him become a useful tool for us as he can still cause problems, but he's only got one year left here and that's if he's very lucky

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.