SWP

Heard about this a few hours ago and still livid.

Really hope City make their displeasure public to give the FA some negative press and back up their point with facts, E.G Ronaldo doing the exact same (if not worse as he hadn't been booted whilst on the floor!)

This is a farce

I haven't seen the SWP one, so if anyone has it on video, give us a link?

Let's all take our blue-tinted glasses off for a second and admit that SWP deserved a straight red for that kick and should receive disciplinary action eg a 3 game ban or something like that. That kind of retaliation can't be tolerated.

BUT,

It's not the fact that SWP deserves to be punished, it's the fact that United get away with it time and time and time again with absolutely no consequences. It shows corruption at the highest level of football.

Ronaldo on Dawson:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofjpU9q8K44" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofjpU9q8K44</a>

Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo will not face disciplinary action after appearing to kick out at Spurs defender Michael Dawson at White Hart Lane.

The Football Association contacted referee Mike Dean, who took no action during Saturday's goalless draw.

An FA spokesman said: "Having reviewed footage, he has confirmed he would not have sent the player off for violent conduct had he seen it.

"On that basis, no further action will be taken."

Rooney against Aalborg:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.offthepost.info/2008/12/football-video-the-wayne-rooney-aalborg-stamp-incident/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.offthepost.info/2008/12/foot ... -incident/</a>

Uefa says it will not punish Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney over his clash with Aalborg's Kasper Risgard.

The Danish defender claimed the England international stamped on him during the 2-2 Champions League draw at Old Trafford on 10 December.

Uefa assessed the incident after it was missed by referee Laurent Duhamel but decided no action was required.

Rooney, 23, faced a three-match ban had he been found guilty by European football's governing body.

Rooney against Stoke:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbDHrcz3EUg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbDHrcz3EUg</a>

A swipe at Abdoulaye Faye in United's 1-0 defeat of Stoke on Boxing Day was missed by referee Chris Foy, but incensed the player.

Rooney also came under fire earlier this month in the Champions League clash with Aalborg when he was accused of stamping on opponent Kasper Risgard.

But, despite often widespread criticism of his temper, Rooney insists he does not have a problem.

"I don't accept that I need to learn to count to 10 in certain situations because I always feel in control of myself," he said.

"I get the feeling sometimes that people just look for the negative things with me.

"[But] I think my team-mates and United's supporters appreciate that [combative] side of my game.

People forget that I am still quite young

Wayne Rooney
"Sometimes it gives them a lift to see me flying into tackles and trying to win the ball."

Rooney, who has amassed five yellow cards so far this season, admits that he does occasionally "step over the line" but thinks he has grown up quickly in the spotlight of playing for United and England.

"I know some people were looking to blame me for the incident against Aalborg," he said.

"All I can say is that it was right that Uefa didn't take any action against me.

"I wasn't being aggressive. I didn't mean to stamp on the fella and it was right that no punishment was handed down.

"People forget that I am still quite young. I have been under the spotlight ever since I broke into the Everton first team at 16.

"Even then there was a tendency to try and find some fault with my temperament rather than concentrate on what I was bringing to the game.

"That's sad, but I suppose it is part of football."

If you're complaining to the FA (which everyone should) - don't say that SWP didn't deserve punishment - highlight the inconsistency instead. It's ridiculous. It's corrupt. It shouldn't be allowed to happen in football, but it does because United and the FA have very close ties. This is the one thing I am ITK about.

It's a long thread and I'm not going through it so apologies if this has already been said. We have never been in favour with refs or the FA, even when we were shit and yo yo ing around the divisions. But I seriously think there's an agenda against us now we have the potential, financially at least, to disrupt the top four and upset the status quo. Refs read the papers and watch SSN, hoping to catch a shot of themselves chatting to fat Frank, or smiling in the face of a Shrek tirade, instead of red carding him probably. They're on the anti City bandwagon. Further up the food chain I don't know who is on any FA committees apart from that git from the swamp, but I imagine we are viewed as a medium to long term threat to the top four, which in they're eyes "just won't do". It would help our cause if we were not so liable to shoot ourselves in the foot as so often happens. It would help more if we were a London club, (Chelsea had nothing like the stick we're getting). But I fear there's nothing we can do about it and will just have to live with it. I think in the past other fans had a soft spot for our club mainly because most fans of other clubs hate the scum and sympathised with us for having to share a county with them (not a city) while they were winning everything while we struggled, but now it's a case of "we're struggling to pay the bills and they've just won the lottery the lucky twats" and the green eyed monster has taken over.

In short, and I know it's a bit late for that, we're going to get slated at every opportunity, and if we are going to be successful we will have to do it the hard way with no help from anyone, because we are ruining the game, clearly.

Fuck em all, it will make us stronger, more determined, and more together than ever.

Half pissed rant ends.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.