SWP

The Fixer said:
I got a gut feeling he might be off, hope i'm wrong. Thoughts?

I only think this only if we sign RSC,TEVEZ,ETO'O we have ROBINHO, BARRY, IRELAND, i think we will play a system where swp might struggle to get in ahead of those mentioned players.

Im not talking of bringing in a new right winger.

Not a chance of SWP going!

quiet_riot said:
GStar said:
Fielding our strongest XI, he'll be on the bench, and i'm stone cold sober.

Given

Micah
Kompany
Onuoha
Bridge

De Jong
Barry
Ireland

Tevez
RSC
Robinho

And there's still the mumblings of; Eto'o, Kolo, Yaya, Lescott etc

That team has no width though! Two full backs who can't cross to save their lives.

Exactly, we never really played with width last season, with Robinho on the left and SWP in CM.

We were not a team last year who crossed the ball frequently and with players like Robinho, Ireland, Tevez etc i don't see us changing our philosophy.

I'm sorry to break some dreams but barry is awful in a 442 and so is robinho.

were pretty nailed on to playing a 3 in midfield with de jong, barry and ireland the front 3 is what you should be debating.

With the mix of players available to MH he will be able to play

442, 443, 451 or any other permatation depending on who we are playing.

If we sign RSC and Tevez, one thing is for sure Tevez will start every game, Robbie might not but will probably start every home game and every big game away ie (top 4) but he might not start away at Bolton, Wigan etc on a cold december night when its pissing down. That is when other players will get their chance whether it be Petrov, Boj or Bellamy. But whatever system we play it is going to be one helluva season. Oh and don't forget we will have domestic cup games to rotate and give games to all players as well. And finally worst time is always after christmas when suspensions, injuries kick in that is when you need a large squad.

Rammyblues said:
Oh and don't forget we will have domestic cup games to rotate and give games to all players as well. And finally worst time is always after christmas when suspensions, injuries kick in that is when you need a large squad.

No worries, after Christmas comes January transfer window and we can try to strenghten if needed! We have the cash. Cmon city! :)

GStar said:
quiet_riot said:
GStar said:
Fielding our strongest XI, he'll be on the bench, and i'm stone cold sober.

Given

Micah
Kompany
Onuoha
Bridge

De Jong
Barry
Ireland

Tevez
RSC
Robinho

And there's still the mumblings of; Eto'o, Kolo, Yaya, Lescott etc

That team has no width though! Two full backs who can't cross to save their lives.

Exactly, we never really played with width last season, with Robinho on the left and SWP in CM.

We were not a team last year who crossed the ball frequently and with players like Robinho, Ireland, Tevez etc i don't see us changing our philosophy.

I don't think Bridge's crossing is that bad, probably a better crosser of the ball than SWP. Zab could always go right back, he's a more polished right back with a decent cross as proven for the one he whipped onto Benjani's head away to fulham

SWP won't be going anywhere this season I don't think, but I'd have Tevez on the right ahead of him

i have felt the same about swp for a while but i can see him maybe slipping in at right back/wingback, he can tackle and has good pace could be a suprise but most modern day top draw fullbacks/wingbacks started there careers as a wide midfield player ie evra, ashley cole, danny alvez, even zabletta and bridge so i would not rule it out that maybe swp could be a suprise inclusion at right back what do you think?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.