Sylvinho (merged)

Stevinio said:
He's 35 ffs. 5 years too old for the premiership. A poor signing IMO.

Gotta look at the bigger picture.

1) He's free
2) He'll bring a wealth of experience and winning mentality both to Bridge and any young defenders on the fringes.
3) He'd be better than Garrido even if he was 40
4) He's from Brazil so will keep Robinho happy.
5) Did I mention he's free ?

Its not as if we've handed him a massive 5yr contract. He's here for a year, that's it.

Damocles said:
samharris said:
you ok D...??? you seem to be a tad ratty lately.

I'm fine mate, I just re-read that and saw how it came across, I didn't mean it like that. I'm actually really buzzing, the mention of BM by the Chairman, a couple of good signings, and I got offered a new job!

The point that I'm making is that we are making a real effort to win any honour, and are treating the Carling Cup as important as any other silverware. The owners really seem to want us to succeed, and we are doing our best to purchase players who will help us do that!

we must not forget Brighton and Forest...

I'm not quite sure what people are moaning about.

We need decent cover for LB and that player has to be willing to possibly sit on the bench all season,playing the odd cup game here and there.

Sylvinho is perfect for this role.Has a wealth of experience that he will pass on to the younger lads.

BurnCK said:
Stevinio said:
He's 35 ffs. 5 years too old for the premiership. A poor signing IMO.

Gotta look at the bigger picture.

1) He's free
2) He'll bring a wealth of experience and winning mentality both to Bridge and any young defenders on the fringes.
3) He'd be better than Garrido even if he was 40
4) He's from Brazil so will keep Robinho happy.
5) Did I mention he's free ?

Its not as if we've handed him a massive 5yr contract. He's here for a year, that's it.

I just have reservations about this one. But you're right, he's free, so not really a gamble.

blue 1992 said:
A sub at best.
Will be on the bench, but he played in the Champions League Final against Utd, and played 7 times for Barcelona last season scoring 1 goal so he can play at the highest level

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.