Tactical genius

BillyShears said:
moomba said:
Interesting thread.

I can't work out why people are so reluctant to give Mancini any credit for the gains made so far. Not sure what they expected from him, but our results under his management have really dragged us back into the top 4 race

That'll do for me so far.

We were still well in the race for the top 4 when Hughes was sacked, and the gains made by Mancini and the improvement statistically in the points he has picked up, has masked what some of us felt were some very under par performances.

You've said a few times that points are all that matter, and you're right. But it doesn't automatically equate that we can't discuss, criticize, praise, the performances as well as the points picked up.

On a broader note, I've not seen any difference in the way opinions are falling about Mancini to any other manager who we've employed in recent years, with the exception of Hughes, who was vilified from the day he joined the club...

In the 10 games leading upto, and including, the Spurs defeat which sealed Clueless' fate we were W1 D8 L1 which were hardly littered with inspiring performances.

Bob has plugged the gaps and always knew he had 21 league games in order to get us to 70 points, no prizes for how he gets the points, just get them.

He has learnt a huge amount about his squad over the last 3 months/15 games and now we go into the "final straight" in pole position.

Regardless of the odd poor performance I think Bob has performed nothing short of miracles and as such I get very emotive when people single out the said poor performances as a way of criticising OUR manager.

why all the negativity after our biggest away victory in the prem and currently the most pts we've ever accrued in the prem and currently sitting pretty 4th in the prem with 6 games to go!!!!! fuck me what's the matter with some people on this forum?..........it's not about whos manager is bigger than whos manager, it's a joint effort, hughes has gone and mancini is now the manager and both will deserve thanks if we were to complete the job of getting us into the champs league as both have contributed to our best ever season in a long long while. it seems people who backed hughes and slagged off people for comments made about hughes when in charge are now doing the same thing with mancini that they slagged people for doing to hughes!!!! fuckin hypocritical twats. we all support city.......not an individual manager!!!

bluefandk said:
TheLegendOfBerti said:
well maybe if Adebayor wasn't getting himself suspended then they'd have been able to gel together earlier and we'd have seen this sooner.

It only works when Adebayor makes an effort, on saturday he could be bothered, but we all know he can be as big a lazy arse as Robinho when he feels like it.

Mancini's doing a good job, Hughes is gone, if you don't like Mancini, fine, I don't care, he's the best manager we've had in years and you can be idiots to ignore that fact. For the people who keep banging on about Hughes like sacking him ruined our season, it hasn't, we're in 4th, which was the aim all along. We wouldn't have won a cup under Hughes if we went off form and previous records against the teams we were playing in them.

I'm just sick of this "hate mancini cos we love hughes for no reason" bollocks, there's difference of opinion, and then there's wumming and absolute tosh, which is what some of these posters are posting day in, day out.

The Hughes is God brigade are gonna crucify you for that post, personally i tend to agree.

posts like this don't help there was no hughes is god brigade as you put it but what there was a certain amount of people that wanted a certain stability to our club that hughes may have brought to the club.

hughes had some bad points but he all so did a hell of a lot to get this club rolling the right way and these points are very easily forgotten by some on here.

i support mancini just as much as i did hughes but its the nose rubbing and questioning of opinion by some that have not helped bluemoon as a forum one little bit.

Rammy Blue said:
In the 10 games leading upto, and including, the Spurs defeat which sealed Clueless' fate we were W1 D8 L1 which were hardly littered with inspiring performances.

I don't recall us being miles behind 4th place when Hughes was sacked, so the stat above is skewed to suit your own argument. Which seems kind of pointless.

Bob has plugged the gaps and always knew he had 21 league games in order to get us to 70 points, no prizes for how he gets the points, just get them.

Yes, and as I said, that doesn't preclude us from having opinions on the performances themselves.

He has learnt a huge amount about his squad over the last 3 months/15 games and now we go into the "final straight" in pole position.

I don't think Mancini has learned anymore than any other new manager would, taking over at a club mid-season. You're right though, we go into the final straight in pole position, which is all that matters right now.

Regardless of the odd poor performance I think Bob has performed nothing short of miracles and as such I get very emotive when people single out the said poor performances as a way of criticising OUR manager.

OUR manager, no matter who he is, will always get criticism. That's why places like Bluemoon exist. No point in getting so emotive that you need to run around putting words into other peoples mouths, and trying to paint them out to be something they aren't.

BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:

I don't recall us being miles behind 4th place when Hughes was sacked, so the stat above is skewed to suit your own argument. Which seems kind of pointless.

Yes, and as I said, that doesn't preclude us from having opinions on the performances themselves.

I don't think Mancini has learned anymore than any other new manager would, taking over at a club mid-season. You're right though, we go into the final straight in pole position, which is all that matters right now.

OUR manager, no matter who he is, will always get criticism. That's why places like Bluemoon exist. No point in getting so emotive that you need to run around putting words into other peoples mouths, and trying to paint them out to be something they aren't.

lol, love it when you resort to dissecting comments, it makes you look really smart.....

Rammy Blue said:
BillyShears said:
We were still well in the race for the top 4 when Hughes was sacked, and the gains made by Mancini and the improvement statistically in the points he has picked up, has masked what some of us felt were some very under par performances.

You've said a few times that points are all that matter, and you're right. But it doesn't automatically equate that we can't discuss, criticize, praise, the performances as well as the points picked up.

On a broader note, I've not seen any difference in the way opinions are falling about Mancini to any other manager who we've employed in recent years, with the exception of Hughes, who was vilified from the day he joined the club...

Regardless of the odd poor performance I think Bob has performed nothing short of miracles and as such I get very emotive when people single out the said poor performances as a way of criticising OUR manager

miracles is slightly ott rammy and on the criticising our manager bit pot kettle black comes to mind!

Rammy Blue said:
lol, love it when you resort to dissecting comments, it makes you look really smart.....

Not as smart as you've made me look in this thread...;- )

leewill31 said:
Rammy Blue said:

Regardless of the odd poor performance I think Bob has performed nothing short of miracles and as such I get very emotive when people single out the said poor performances as a way of criticising OUR manager

miracles is slightly ott rammy and on the criticising our manager bit pot kettle black comes to mind!

it's a turn of phrase fella, and criticizing a manager who is not getting results is slightly different to criticizing a manager who is getting results.

Not too tricky is it?

de niro said:
Soulboy said:
Anyone else think that Mancini pulled off a tactically genius bit of innovation at Burnley by dropping Tevez into a more midfield role, playing Adebayor as an out and out target man, and letting Carlos run at them from deep?

The Clarets couldn't cope with it and we might very well have scored double figures if it hadn't have pissed down!

Oh, and Vieira... imperious, majestic, outstanding.

a genius would have played that way from day one instead of a 6 man defence against hull.

Given, Zabaleta, Toure, Boyata, Bridge (Petrov 85), Ireland (A. Johnson 55), Barry, De Jong, Bellamy (Vieira 59), Adebayor, Tevez

a genius would check the line up before making a cock of himself.

Bigga said:
de niro said:
do you think i enjoyed traipsing round the country to see abject dispays and team formations?
its called being honest, bob has took too long (for a genius) to sort this out in my eyes.
the rest of the prem must have been rubbing their hands to play us while bob found his brain.

if want me to ignore the bullshit posted on here you are going to be very dissapointed.

I'm a bit shocked, Bill, to be honest that you harbour such views about Mancini!

Let's be honest, there have been many factors leading to this point.

Firstly, it's not Mancini's squad. A fact that he has wringed his hands about, unlike someone else we all know, and has not bleated on about needing to buy players that will 'play for him'. He's got on with it. Which is even more a sleight on the last man.

Secondly, when a squad is not yours, it takes time to work out who is best where, even if it seems obvious to the brilliant managers on this board. Players may show things in training that is tried out on match day, position-wise. Bob has to trial and error to take this into account.

Thirdly, the comments about Tevez playing as a deep lying striker would be fair game... IF we'd have had the correct strikers to work off all season. Mancini has not had Ade nor Roque for a consistent amount of time for this to bear fruit.

So, please, all you Ankle Biters, please think before you post.

According to Microsoft Word count tool you have wasted 187 words to explain the obvious! The stats are against Hughes. That is it!!
Manicini is taking out from those players the best they can! This is not his team! Hughes did not do that in 18 months ( and 200 millions wasted).

..........And I have wasted 66 words!1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.