Tactics for next year and the sacrifice of David Silva

Sabster said:
JamesA said:
inbetween said:
Might as well sack Mancini as well, get Joe Royle in and go back to being shite, there is a recurring theme with teams that play the 'winger' mentality.

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea, PSG, Juventus, Napoli, Malaga, Athletico, Milan all manage without wingers.

Incorrect and totally missed the point, or more likely not even read the original post. The point with all those teams and with modern tactics in general, is that teams don't play 4-4-2 with wingers that often anymore, they play a 4-3-3/4-5-1 with fast technical players who can play wide or inside. There is more fluidity to the formation.

Chelsea - erm, what about Hazard/Oscar?
Real madrid - Erm, Ronaldo, Di Maria
Napoli - Insigne/Pandev
PSG - Lavezzi/Pastore

Seriously, you need to read before you post.

You are a complete idiot.

Ronaldo is not a winger

Patore and Oscar play identical roles to Silva

Hazard plays inside almost as much as the others

This obcession with PACE needs to stop...
Ronaldo plays on the left hand side of a front three and works the right back.

Hazard also uses the flank to work the full back. Essentially wing play.

Silva should of played behind Tevez for me!

I think Dzeko played because of his defensive duties more than anything

And to those wandering why we're not scoring goals, I suggest either downloading or finding a way to watch all the matches from mid-11/12' season. By that point the bus had been parked, and our form dipped. Whenever a team played toe-to-toe with us we ripped them open, so everyone parked the bus.

They call it parking the bus for a reason... because ITS HARD TO FUCKING SCORE WITH THAT MANY PLAYERS IN FRONT OF THE GOAL.

But let's all trip on some hard fucking drugs and suggest to sell our creative midfielder... the best we've ever had... ALL BECAUSE MANCINI'S TACTICS ARE SHIT AT BEST.

3-5-2, Kolarov being torn to shreds because of the formation, and the team generally not set up to play such a formation... AND LETS SELL SILVA???

Fuck each and every one of you that think that is anything but pure insanity. Fuck off.

Silva very poor today , but certainly not on his own by any means .....

right from the start we looked like anything but a club chasing the title.

Not to mention the fact that after Mancini's horrifically conceived formation was moved back into a pseudo 4-4-2, Silva was fucked off to the left wing.

Yes, Mancini put Silva in a position best utilized by someone like Ronaldo, Di Maria, or Nani... and we're blaming Silva?

Jesus H Christ its like the fucking twilight zone.

Sabster said:
summerseat blue said:
The one thing all the top teams have that we don't is pace.

The best team ever Barcelona have just as much pace as we do if not less...

This point is ridiculous......

Barcelona have Messi, Iniesta and Xavi who could all get in the best all time 11. We do need more pace. Even average footballers ( Walcott/Lennon/Valencia/Bellamy ) are made dangerous by pace. It's not the be all obviously but it does stick out like a sore thumb.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Sabster said:
JamesA said:
Incorrect and totally missed the point, or more likely not even read the original post. The point with all those teams and with modern tactics in general, is that teams don't play 4-4-2 with wingers that often anymore, they play a 4-3-3/4-5-1 with fast technical players who can play wide or inside. There is more fluidity to the formation.

Chelsea - erm, what about Hazard/Oscar?
Real madrid - Erm, Ronaldo, Di Maria
Napoli - Insigne/Pandev
PSG - Lavezzi/Pastore

Seriously, you need to read before you post.

You are a complete idiot.

Ronaldo is not a winger

Patore and Oscar play identical roles to Silva

Hazard plays inside almost as much as the others

This obcession with PACE needs to stop...
Ronaldo plays on the left hand side of a front three and works the right back.

Hazard also uses the flank to work the full back. Essentially wing play.

Ronaldo and Hazard work the full back just as much as Silva/Aguero/Tevez/Nasri

This point is complete turd

Christ, I don't think people are necessarily asking for conventional wingers ffs. No-one is saying "let's just get pacey fuckers who will smack the ball across the face".

its not silva that is the problem......

its the pedestrian pace of the likes of barry, garcia and milner.....all work horses but liittle to no creativity, ability to beat a player...barry and milner are good readers of the game and defensively work well but we need players that offer that and options going forward as well.......none of them do

i wont even go into garcia as ive said my piece about him and nothing ive seen has changed my mind about him

i think this is why mancini bought rodwell....he can defend but also attack...he is a lot more mobile than barry or garcia and offers a goal threat that milner rarely does

regarding this myth about width as well.....we do have width...ive lost count of the ammount of times ive seen milner, kolorov, clichy in wide positions......but there is no quality on a regualr basis from them.......kolorov is the only one who can cross a ball well and he is inconsistent and defensively he might as well not be there.

Rm today put a team out that everyone would have chosen....workers and fighters, but the only creativity we had for a big portion of the game was silva and he wasnt getttign the ball because our fighters were not up for it

its the rest of the midfield that needs looking at...not silva.....

black mamba said:
Silva very poor today , but certainly not on his own by any means .....

right from the start we looked like anything but a club chasing the title.

No he was anything but alone. The question is more the tactics required as we seem to struggle way from home for goals and the reasons behind this. We didnt look like a club chasing the tactics but any side will look like this when the approach play is so slow and cumbersome. It magnifies our lack of desire.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.