Tactics for next year and the sacrifice of David Silva

On reflection I would have to say that must keep Silva.

Protect him more and get alternative options for when he is double marked.

Palerider said:
Sabster said:
summerseat blue said:
The one thing all the top teams have that we don't is pace.

The best team ever Barcelona have just as much pace as we do if not less...

This point is ridiculous......

Barcelona have Messi, Iniesta and Xavi who could all get in the best all time 11. We do need more pace. Even average footballers ( Walcott/Lennon/Valencia/Bellamy ) are made dangerous by pace. It's not the be all obviously but it does stick out like a sore thumb.

Soo thats the point though that the best team ever don't have/need pace so why should we? We want to aspire to be them?

And I would hate to see any of those players you mentioned ahead of someone technical like Silva or Nasri

We do not wanna play shit caveman football

simon23 said:
its not silva that is the problem......

its the pedestrian pace of the likes of barry, garcia and milner.....all work horses but liittle to no creativity, ability to beat a player...barry and milner are good readers of the game and defensively work well but we need players that offer that and options going forward as well.......none of them do

i wont even go into garcia as ive said my piece about him and nothing ive seen has changed my mind about him

i think this is why mancini bought rodwell....he can defend but also attack...he is a lot more mobile than barry or garcia and offers a goal threat that milner rarely does

regarding this myth about width as well.....we do have width...ive lost count of the ammount of times ive seen milner, kolorov, clichy in wide positions......but there is no quality on a regualr basis from them.......kolorov is the only one who can cross a ball well and he is inconsistent and defensively he might as well not be there.

Rm today put a team out that everyone would have chosen....workers and fighters, but the only creativity we had for a big portion of the game was silva and he wasnt getttign the ball because our fighters were not up for it

its the rest of the midfield that needs looking at...not silva.....

The context of the thread is not neccessarily to say Silva is the problem as a player but the way we utilise him and how effectively he would alternate to other positions. I agree about Garcia and Barry and the lack of creativity hence we have targeted Martinez, De Rossi over the past year. But similarly we have targeted Sanchez and Hazard. I can only presume as we had four strikers and were after RVP he was going to play out wide. Is that the way the team should evolve and if so will this be at the expense of Silva? Nasri etc.

inbetween said:
Might as well sack Mancini as well, get Joe Royle in and go back to being shite, there is a recurring theme with teams that play the 'winger' mentality.

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea, PSG, Juventus, Napoli, Malaga, Athletico, Milan all manage without wingers.

Pedro, Di Maria, Sanchez, Tello, Callejon, Lavezzi, Menez, Nene, Lucas, Arda Turan, Cuenca.

The rags have Nani, Valencia, Tom Young.

Kun Aguero said:
inbetween said:
Might as well sack Mancini as well, get Joe Royle in and go back to being shite, there is a recurring theme with teams that play the 'winger' mentality.

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea, PSG, Juventus, Napoli, Malaga, Athletico, Milan all manage without wingers.

Pedro, Di Maria, Sanchez, Tello, Callejon, Lavezzi, Menez, Nene, Lucas, Arda Turan, Cuenca.

Lol Lol just lol

Tello and Callejon don't play (and callejon is not a winger) neither is cuenca.

Pedro and Sanchez are barely wingers...

Nene is not winger...

Why are we aspiring to play like the rags or PSG??????

Complete BS we do not need wingers we need technically gifted players.

Sabster said:
Kun Aguero said:
inbetween said:

Lol Lol just lol

Nene is not winger...

Tello's played far more for Barca than Sincalir has for City, my version of a winger is someone who can plays out wide and can beat a man or will make a run in behind the full back.All of the players I listed can do that.

Oh and the "aspiring to play like the rags" well they are on course to set a Premiership record using two wingers.

Sabster said:
Palerider said:
Sabster said:
The best team ever Barcelona have just as much pace as we do if not less...

This point is ridiculous......

Barcelona have Messi, Iniesta and Xavi who could all get in the best all time 11. We do need more pace. Even average footballers ( Walcott/Lennon/Valencia/Bellamy ) are made dangerous by pace. It's not the be all obviously but it does stick out like a sore thumb.

Soo thats the point though that the best team ever don't have/need pace so why should we? We want to aspire to be them?

And I would hate to see any of those players you mentioned ahead of someone technical like Silva or Nasri

We do not wanna play shit caveman football

Barcelona are great because they have 3 of the best footballers of all time in the same side. Our chances of replicating that are not good but Barca are a special case anyway. Most of the other top sides are all about a pace/power/technical ability combo. We only have power and technical ability and have come up short against the better sides both in the League and in Europe. Most of our players are fully matured and will not be getting better so it's difficult to see how, without changes, we will improve. Buying players with pace and power is a no brainer for me. As I've already said it turns average players into good ones. We need to find some great ones.

Sabster said:
Kun Aguero said:
inbetween said:

Lol Lol just lol

Nene is not winger...

FFS. Again, nobody is asking for conventional winger such as Valencia or Lennon, players who fit well into a 4-4-2.
Personally, I'd like quick, inverted wingers capable of making runs that drag defenders out of position creating space for the likes of David Silva to work in. Pedro, Sanchez, Di Maria, Hazard etc...Of course, given that they play on the opposite side to their preferred foot then they are likely to come inside rather than go on the outside and "work the fullback".

The thing is, the term 'winger' is much easier to use than 'wide-men-with-pace-who-make-runs-that-drag-their-full-back-out-of-position-and-creates-goal-scoring-opportunities-either-for-themselves-or-for-a-teammate'.

Kun Aguero said:
Sabster said:
Kun Aguero said:

Lol Lol just lol

Nene is not winger...

Tello's played far more for Barca than Sincalir has for City, my version of a winger is someone who can plays out wide and can beat a man or will make a run in behind the full back.All of the players I listed can do that.

Oh and the "aspiring to play like the rags" well they are on course to set a Premiership record using two wingers.

And? We beat them last year playing our brand of football. They get absolutely destroyed in Europe by any technical side... Why would we aspire to be that.

We want to be better.

Nene and Arda Turan do not do that ....

Aguero, Yaya, Tevez do that....<br /><br />-- Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:18 pm --<br /><br />
Joehannes said:
Sabster said:
Kun Aguero said:

Lol Lol just lol

Nene is not winger...

FFS. Again, nobody is asking for conventional winger such as Valencia or Lennon, players who fit well into a 4-4-2.
Personally, I'd like quick, inverted wingers capable of making runs that drag defenders out of position creating space for the likes of David Silva to work in. Pedro, Sanchez, Di Maria, Hazard etc...Of course, given that they play on the opposite side to their preferred foot then they are likely to come inside rather than go on the outside and "work the fullback".

The thing is, the term 'winger' is much easier to use than 'wide-men-with-pace-who-make-runs-that-drag-their-full-back-out-of-position-and-creates-goal-scoring-opportunities-either-for-themselves-or-for-a-teammate'.

We have Tevez, Aguero, Silva and Nasri to do that..........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.