Takeover confirmed

"Our goal is very simple – to make Manchester City the biggest club in the Premier League, and to begin with, to finish in the top four this season."

who knows what we can acheive if becoming the biggest team in the premier league is "simple"

projectriver said:
mcfc1996 said:
Am I right in thinking this isn't an inividual but an investment group? Where are the brains of this forum to put my mind at rest that they will pump money in without expecting an instant return? URG, Projectriver, etc

My experience of Abu Dhabi investment at the moment is that its not about financial return (very different from the DIC investments). Its unclear if this is a very wealthy individual or a guy backed by sovereign money. Dubai Blue whose view I defer to on all things Middle East suggests its back by sovereign money.

You seem to have plenty of knowledge of the region too. My reading of the article in question and brief conversations with journalists here is that this is a government-backed purchase, with Hydra Properties CEO Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim as their front man. He's a very very welathy and successful property developer in his own right, but he seems to be representing Abu Dhabi on this one and not his own company.

I wish they'd take that fucking 'word' off the back of our shirt though, the idiots.
alfahim-mancity_thumb.jpg

Edit: Just noticed that's a Marseille shirt, not a City shirt. Shit, have they bought the wrong club?!!

potter86 said:
stoke fan here just sayin well done to your takeover.

think you needed to get rid of thaksin as he definately wasnt the right man for you lot, mark hughes definately is though.
1 thing i dont understand is the sale of corluka?, who i think is 1 of the best full backs in the division.

For some reason i have always liked man city (even though you did relegate us to division 2, beatin us 5-2) lol.

anyway all the best for the season and hope you do well in europe, plus hope you stuff united twice over.

You sure your from Stoke, you stringed together way too many grammatically correct sentences for someone from that part of the world :).

Thanks for the well wishes though mate, I would like to say you will stay up this season but I don't want to get your hopes up. You haven't done too badly this season, so far!

Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
Just so you know, Abu Dhabi's not a government. It's not a country.
United Arab Emirates is the country.

is it more like a state in america? dubai and abu dhabi are in the same country but they are ran differently as far as i know. i might be wrong though

brady0 said:
Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
Just so you know, Abu Dhabi's not a government. It's not a country.
United Arab Emirates is the country.

is it more like a state in america? dubai and abu dhabi are in the same country but they are ran differently as far as i know. i might be wrong though

Abu Dhabi and Dubai are emirates within the same country (UAE). Both have local governments, and Abu Dhabi is where the federal government is, so yes it is a 'government'. Ruling Family is probably a better term though.

Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
Nope, cities. Just really, really rich ones.

They're not cities. They're are self-governing emirates. There are 7 of them, each with their own ruling family. The national/federal government sits in Abu Dhabi.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.