Talks with Drogba? (merged)

Re: Talks with Drogba?

Can`t believe we have fans on here saying they wouldn`t want him,the guy is a goal machine and we would get 2/3 seasons out of him.

£20 million is nothing really for him.

But then again Chelsea would be absolute bonkers if they sold him,not many players out there who could replace him.

By the way,how many we`re slagging off Bellers before he came here?

Doesn`t get slagged now does he....

Bookies are offering 5/1 that Drogba joins us so i think it might just be bullshit from his agent trying to get him a better contract at Chelsea. Also some more brilliant work from sky, "12/1 he joins former boss Jose Mourinho at Inter Milan".

what do you reckon that there HAS been contact- with city officials telling drogba,s agent to keep his gob shut.....hence the denial when he blabbed???...

whipper said:
Can`t believe we have fans on here saying they wouldn`t want him,the guy is a goal machine and we would get 2/3 seasons out of him.

But then again Chelsea would be absolute bonkers if they sold him,not many players out there who could replace him.

Because it would mean jettisoning one of Tevez or Adebayor, and they are not in their 30s.

Drogba is one of the best but at the same time he is at the stage of his career now where it could start to go downhill at any moment. I'm happy with what we have and our two main targets (Balotelli, Dzeko). Balotelli could easily become as lethal as Drogba has been if he gets his head down.

whipper said:

Paying 20m for a 32 year old Drogba would be absolutely ridiculous. He simply is not worth it.

I would like Drogba to come to City. It would be a real marquee signing and would put the fear of God into everyone. Even if we only got 2 good seasons out him. That to me is the difference between winning the league and finishing 3rd or 4th. Plus he is one of Chelsea's best set piece defenders too!

Didn't Zidane sign for Real Madrid for 40 odd mill when he was 30? Had five awesome years and played his best football. 30+ is no age at all these days as Drogba has proved over the last two seasons. He very rarely seems to be injured and plays and looks a lot younger than he actually is. 2 good years from this fella could make us the best team in Europe and pave the way for a successful future for many years to come. His experience in the prem is invaluable and would bring on the youngsters added to the squad, no end. I reckon if you asked any of the current City players if they wanted Drogba to sign the answer would be a resounding "YES!"

The Colonel said:
triger700 said:
mmmmmm! Balotelli or Drogba?

frist of all its good that we can pick between these players. I think that we could really do with Drogba out of the two of them I think we could really push for CL place or even the top spot!

Balotelli would be a future buy! and could be worth £££ if all goes well for him at City. But I don't think we will have has many goals from him this season than Drogba.

Drogba for me, he knows the Prem and would settle stright into the team.

if we got both players then who would we lose up front from the team now?

Aaaaaaaggggggghhhhh! CITY DONT WANT HIM!!!

The same with PV but it dosn't hurt to have someone like him on your side! he won stuff and he will bring that meantality with him!

Do you think we signed PV because he was at his peak and Toure!

triger700 said:
The Colonel said:
Aaaaaaaggggggghhhhh! CITY DONT WANT HIM!!!

The same with PV but it dosn't hurt to have someone like him on your side! he won stuff and he will bring that meantality with him!

Do you think we signed PV because he was at his peak and Toure!

he might well do but city are not after him so it is futile carrying on
to be honest the thread needs locking

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.