Talksport (merged)

Re: Talksport

I had to switch it off.<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:50 pm --<br /><br />I had to switch it off.

Collymore at it again

His agenda right now on Talksh!te is the old City haven't earned it (again!)... sugardaddies... when the Sheik walks away... we were in the Third Division "six years ago" (demonstrating a lack of knowledge about our history)... Villa won the European Cup with 14 British players... bah, blah... drone, drone...

I don't know why I listen to this dross. It appears that everyone who goes on has to agree with him. Does he really want to preserve the status quo? The rags to win everything for every more? Or Liverpool? Or Chelsea? Or anyone? But us!

And why? Because we've bought it. We somehow haven't earned success and never will do in his eyes; most Blues of my age have been to most grounds in the country, not to join some 92 Club, but to support our own club.

Yes, Villa's achievement was great all those years ago, as was Forest's, but only a madman would invest in tired old Villa and I presume that madman is Randy Lerner. His real argument should be with the American billionaire Lerner, who spends next to nowt at Villa, not with us.

But how dare he say that Liverpool and the rags earned it, as if they never bought anyone, including Stanley himself, for a then club record of £8.5 million...

Whisper it, but we really don't care where the money comes from, any more than any other fan at any other club, who suddenly hits the jackpot.

(Memo to Mods: in my seething anger I didn't spot the Talksport thread! Soz.)

Talksport Towers is in Isleworth innit. Right.

"Mum, where's me hand grenades?"

That blue who was just on did his best, but it's difficult when you're just getting shouted at by a couple of cocks like that.

he is a wind up merchant and when anyone rings up who puts a good argument against him he starts to shout over them and turns them off

he a woman beater so does not deserve any respect or the cost of a phone call

LoveCity said:
Yes the logical next step for these rodents...

1. You may have gotten rich owners but they will pull out in 2 years and it'll end in tears.
2. You may have lots of money but won't be able to attract the best players to match the top teams because you have no history/tradition.
3. You may have some good players but will never get 4th place with this bunch of mercenaries.
4. You may have gotten 4th place but you'll win nothing.
5. You may have bought the FA Cup but its one tinpot trophy.
6. You may have gotten 4th place and won the FA Cup but you'll never win the league.
7. You may be on course to win the league but it'll mean nothing because you bought it. <--- We are here
8. You may have won the league but it was a hollow success and means nothing
9. You may have reached the Champions League semis this year but that is as far as you'll get.
10. You may have won the Champions League but it means noth... *gunshot*
We were 3rd not 4th

That West Ham fan spoke sense.
They raised a good point though, would you rather have a club who wins everything for 5 years on the trot and then implodes and goes bankrupt and does a wimbeldon, or have a club that is constantly yoyo-ing up and down the divisions but is always in business ?

Collymore is following the line with City that when we were hopeless and poor he just liked us more to paraphrase the Smiths. No mention of the cosy Champs League Cartel which meant that the top 4 would be virtually the same and getting more wealthy as the rest got left behind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.