Talksport now (continued)

Re: Talksport now

I heard him this afternoon basically saying that if he was still in Spain then Pellegrini wouldn't have dropped a keeper like Hart. Utter shite, but Houghton was fighting Hart's corner, so someone had to give us some stick, no matter how contrived it was.

bluestevei said:
Bradford v Coventry has been a good game, then its the F1 at 6
That was never a penalty, kevin Friend is a joke last kick as well, oh hang on managers squaring up there in tech area, could get a bit nawty

Como Cat said:
AntiUnited said:
chesterbells said:
I know it's quiet Sunday aft sports wise but I still don't think I can bring myself to listen to this. Shame really cos Ray Houghton can be a decent pundit.

Yep. cant stand the other guy.

Houghton can be ok but I have completely lost track of what their actual argument is around the England team. Saggers has blamed Pellegrini, and he 'doesn't care what anyone else says', for everything to do with Hart's loss of form. Foreign players has been mentioned a lot, as has foreign managers/owners and 'having it all too early'. Someone from Oldham made a decent call around quality of coaching and pitches otherwise its just bluster, rhetoric and prejudice. I hate Sunday afternoons without football on the tv.

There was footy on sky. I watch Bradford V Coventry not a bad game for league 1. Lacking in a bit of guile, but a bit of blood and thunder
and goal mouth action, made up for it.

blue underpants said:
Deepest Blue said:
I'm no cynic said:
Even Alan Green can't stand him, and you can't get any lower than that in the world of broadcasting.
Yep.
Forcing Saggers off FiveLive is the only decent thing Green has done in his long and tedious broadcasting career.
Why what happened did they have a shout off?
I believe there was a clash of personalities whilst working at the BBC and the two of them had a slanging match on air. Shortly afterwards, Saggers left and joined Talkspite.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Como Cat said:
AntiUnited said:
Yep. cant stand the other guy.

Houghton can be ok but I have completely lost track of what their actual argument is around the England team. Saggers has blamed Pellegrini, and he 'doesn't care what anyone else says', for everything to do with Hart's loss of form. Foreign players has been mentioned a lot, as has foreign managers/owners and 'having it all too early'. Someone from Oldham made a decent call around quality of coaching and pitches otherwise its just bluster, rhetoric and prejudice. I hate Sunday afternoons without football on the tv.

There was footy on sky. I watch Bradford V Coventry not a bad game for league 1. Lacking in a bit of guile, but a bit of blood and thunder

My better half had started to watch Inspector Morse, an episode I'd already watched about five times previously, so retired to the kitchen to listen to the radio. Saw second half though! A lot of respect for both Coventry and Bradford this season.

I'm no cynic said:
blue underpants said:
Deepest Blue said:
Yep.
Forcing Saggers off FiveLive is the only decent thing Green has done in his long and tedious broadcasting career.
I believe there was a clash of personalities whilst working at the BBC and the two of them had a slanging match on air. Shortly afterwards, Saggers left and joined Talkspite.

IIRC partly it dates from the champs lge final - I think it was Chelsea in Moscow. Game finished v late local time & Green had to stay at stadium to do either a phone in or some press interviews or the like. Meanwhile Saggers & the rest of the team left to go back to the airport / hotel in the taxi without him. Left 'stranded' and alone late at night at the ground, Green wasn't best pleased. Apparently

Como Cat said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Como Cat said:

My better half had started to watch Inspector Morse, an episode I'd already watched about five times previously, so retired to the kitchen to listen to the radio. Saw second half though! A lot of respect for both Coventry and Bradford this season.

Lived in Bradford many years ago. Used to go to Valley Parade and away with the lads from time to time.
Don't have a second side, but if I did, it would have to be Bradford.

chesterbells said:
I'm no cynic said:
blue underpants said:

IIRC partly it dates from the champs lge final - I think it was Chelsea in Moscow. Game finished v late local time & Green had to stay at stadium to do either a phone in or some press interviews or the like. Meanwhile Saggers & the rest of the team left to go back to the airport / hotel in the taxi without him. Left 'stranded' and alone late at night at the ground, Green wasn't best pleased. Apparently
I've found two articles of interest!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1077391/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1077391/</a>
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1185068/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1185068/</a>

Well worth a read. Green should have been sacked with him...

I'm no cynic said:
blue underpants said:
Deepest Blue said:
Yep.
I believe there was a clash of personalities whilst working at the BBC

...which in itself is pretty fucking staggering, given that neither of them actually have one.
I think they ended up working on the same game once, and there wasn't room for both of their egos in the commentary box, so one of them had to wait outside in the car park.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
I'm no cynic said:
blue underpants said:
I believe there was a clash of personalities whilst working at the BBC

...which in itself is pretty fucking staggering, given that neither of them actually have one.
I think they ended up working on the same game once, and there wasn't room for both of their egos in the commentary box, so one of them had to wait outside in the car park.
Glad to see you're back :))

Welcome home nij.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.