Talksport now (continued)

raberto martinez on talk sport. Top guy tbh + praising the shit out of Gareth barry. also when he was talking pre game he said today we need to break this losing mantality vrs the rags and go for it take it.. and they pretty much did it. really good stuff.

I don't normally listen to Colin Murray but I switched on, forgetting it was his slot, just in time to hear him say "Everton finally beat a top 4 club". WTF? Switched off straight away.

laserblue said:
I don't normally listen to Colin Murray but I switched on, forgetting it was his slot, just in time to hear him say "Everton finally beat a top 4 club". WTF? Switched off straight away.
for a red dipper he always seems to have a semi for the shite.

All talksport have done is dismiss Martinez's managerial ability so to have him on the show and lick his arse was a tad hypocritical. Top bloke though, I am a big fan of his.

I met him while he was a manager at the Swans years ago. During pre season 2008 he brought his side down to my local league of Wales side for a three way 45 minute a game tournament. During one of the intervals me and my mates went to get chips and when we got back he was in our seats, so we sat next to him.

Spoke to us for ages about who we supported etc. One of my mates who is now a semi pro footballer told him he was on the books with Cardiff and Roberto really seemed to care and gave him a few bits of advice not just about making it in football but also advice on what to do if he wasn't to make it which I thought was class of him. As soon as the game started though he told us to stop speaking to him and let him concentrate on the game, he must have made 3-4 pages of notes. As soon as it finished he turned to us, shook our hands and took a few photos with us. Top bloke.

He had his assistant with him, when I told Martinez I supported City he turned to him and his assistant told me he played for City, can't remember his name though! Any one know?

Benarbia_is_god said:
All talksport have done is dismiss Martinez's managerial ability so to have him on the show and lick his arse was a tad hypocritical. Top bloke though, I am a big fan of his.

I met him while he was a manager at the Swans years ago. During pre season 2008 he brought his side down to my local league of Wales side for a three way 45 minute a game tournament. During one of the intervals me and my mates went to get chips and when we got back he was in our seats, so we sat next to him.

Spoke to us for ages about who we supported etc. One of my mates who is now a semi pro footballer told him he was on the books with Cardiff and Roberto really seemed to care and gave him a few bits of advice not just about making it in football but also advice on what to do if he wasn't to make it which I thought was class of him. As soon as the game started though he told us to stop speaking to him and let him concentrate on the game, he must have made 3-4 pages of notes. As soon as it finished he turned to us, shook our hands and took a few photos with us. Top bloke.

He had his assistant with him, when I told Martinez I supported City he turned to him and his assistant told me he played for City, can't remember his name though! Any one know?

Kevin reeves?

Just googled him and yes it was him. I was only 15 at the time so didn't have a clue who he was, slightly before my time. Anyway both top blokes.

Benarbia_is_god said:

It may have been Kevin Reeves, played up front for us in the late 70s early 80s, scored the penalty in the 81 cup final replay.....edit bored at work beat me to it

Benarbia_is_god said:

Martinez should take a lot of the credit for starting the way Swansea play.
Somehow Rodgers gets all the credit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.