Talksport now

Status
Not open for further replies.
moomba said:
I don't get the attitude that it's ok for the media to print and say anything about us as we can simply not read or listen to it.

I'm sure the club doesn't have that attitude, and neither should we as supporters. There have been plenty of crap spoken about the club, and repeated almost to the extent it's treated as fact.

That damages the club and we should be able to discuss that on here without the snide digs and the anti-agenda police telling us that we should just change the channel.

FWIW I haven't listened to Talksport today and didn't hear the call being referred to.

This. 100%

The cookie monster said:
The cookie monster said:
sjk2008 said:
All BU ever does it whine and moan about Talksport, yet listens to the fucking show every morning.

Nonsensical.

Tbh mate you could say the same about everyone complaining on here about the red tops,sky sports,sunday supplement,match of the day,adrian chiles on itv etc etc
?

And? If something pisses you off on a daily basis, because of the same things, why would you put yourself through it again and again.

Like I said, when Irani's on TS, I don't listen, simply because he's a clueless **** and I find nothing of interest on the show. I've started to mute the fucking commentary when Townsend is on it because he's an absolute bell end too. With Sunday Supplement, or SSN, it's not always bollocks and you know that. The thing with Irani & Talksport is, it's 99 times out of 100 to be bollocks.

Heard RI this morning for 5 minutes wanking over Ryan Giggs and saying he could easily play to 1000 prem appearances. Only abou 85 more games to go then. On a football forum I go on,regular Utd ticket holders are praying he,ll retire asap.

sjk2008 said:
The cookie monster said:
The cookie monster said:
Tbh mate you could say the same about everyone complaining on here about the red tops,sky sports,sunday supplement,match of the day,adrian chiles on itv etc etc
?

And? If something pisses you off on a daily basis, because of the same things, why would you put yourself through it again and again.

Like I said, when Irani's on TS, I don't listen, simply because he's a clueless **** and I find nothing of interest on the show. I've started to mute the fucking commentary when Townsend is on it because he's an absolute bell end too. With Sunday Supplement, or SSN, it's not always bollocks and you know that. The thing with Irani & Talksport is, it's 99 times out of 100 to be bollocks.
Theres folk on this thread calling people for listening to talksport
Yet some of these very people moan about some of the shows i listed on here after they have been aired,and do it again the week after..

The cookie monster said:
sjk2008 said:
The cookie monster said:

Theres folk on this thread calling people for listening to talksport
Yet some of these very people moan about some of the shows i listed on here after they have been aired,and do it again the week after..

Tbh mate, I can only speak for myself when I say I don't understand the logic.

It's cold outside,with a biting wind,and it's starting to rain.
I hate this weather,so I may stand out in it for a couple of hours so I can tell you all just how much I hate it when I come back in.
Then do the same tomorrow.
If Talkshite annoys you,then fucking turn it off and walk the dog,or have a wank.
You know Irani is a rag **** who will talk bollocks,so don't be surprised when he does what it says on the tin.
And anyone who thinks that some daft twat on a sports chat show actually harms the club really needs to have a word with themselves.

Pigeonho said:
There's plenty of crap spoken/printed about every club.

So what?

Also, how does it 'damage' the club? Whatever it is Irani did or didn't do this morning, how has it damaged the club? How does anything anyone says about any club ever damage it? You're being too sensitive about it all. If I go out and launch a campaign on my neighbour and call him a paedo, that will damage him. If Ronald Irani says something silly about City, Chelsea or any other club on the radio, it won't damage that particular club. If Irani goes on the show tomorrow and says City, Chelsea or any other club have paedo's working for them, it will damage the club but they don't say that do they? They talk about the nonsense world that is football and anyone knows to just laugh it off and take it for what it is - nonsense.

I'm not sure how to answer this. If you think you mentioning paedo's is the only way to damage a club I'm not sure we're ever going to agree. Personally I think the influence of the media on football is enormous, from supporters, to sponsorships, to FA disciplinary proceedings. Clubs nowadays spend a fair bit on PR including monitoring the media and I wonder why they would do that if there wasn't the potential for the actions of the press to affect the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.