Talksport now

Status
Not open for further replies.
BluePurgatory said:
I don't know about anyone else, but I have surprised myself how not bothered I am that they won it and if many more blues feel how I feel it must be really pissing off the rags. Even the text and the jokes are not bothering me! But one thing is for certain, their season is now over, and all that they have to look forward to is that we fuck up the cup knowing full well that if we win it, then its gonna really piss them off!

It's been on the cards for ages, we have not been good enough this season for various reasons, but I have no doubt in my mind that we will be back with vengeance next season

mscenterh750 said:
Not only will it piss em off if we win the cup, they will have to suffer a dicking in tbe community shield, by a revamped and much improved city team.

Now that is something to look forward too - lets get the FA Cup won and then smash the classless twats in the community shield

BlueMoonz1977 said:
mscenterh750 said:
Not only will it piss em off if we win the cup, they will have to suffer a dicking in tbe community shield, by a revamped and much improved city team.

Now that is something to look forward too - lets get the FA Cup won and then smash the classless twats in the community shield
But didn't Rooney give us a footballing lesson last time?

moomba said:
Last nights game would have finished too late for papers to make a big thing of it today. I wouldn't rush out to buy a paper tomorrow though.
Still no front page glory. I find that strange from what I've been told is such a united loving media, especially when we were given those front page headlines by that same media that is supposed to be so anti city.

Pigeonho said:
moomba said:
Last nights game would have finished too late for papers to make a big thing of it today. I wouldn't rush out to buy a paper tomorrow though.
Still no front page glory. I find that strange from what I've been told is such a united loving media, especially when we were given those front page headlines by that same media that is supposed to be so anti city.
This has the hallmark of a slow burner.

Pigeonho said:
BluePurgatory said:
I don't know about anyone else, but I have surprised myself how not bothered I am that they won it and if many more blues feel how I feel it must be really pissing off the rags. Even the text and the jokes are not bothering me! But one thing is for certain, their season is now over, and all that they have to look forward to is that we fuck up the cup knowing full well that if we win it, then its gonna really piss them off!
No one seems arsed. It's been totally brushed under the carpet by the so called rag loving media. If we had a title win given this lack of coverage, well one can imagine the reaction on here!
Don't talk tripe wait until the 'guard of honours' start this weekend and the trophy presentation in May we will be watching 'how United won the league' programs on every channel all summer.

To be honest Pigeonho it's becoming clear to most on this forum you are just on a wind up over this issue, if I said City wear blue on this thread you would say they wear green. If you can't see what is going on you are blind.

Some bluemooners I have spoken to are even starting to wonder which club you actually follow.

kiam06 said:
Pigeonho said:
BluePurgatory said:
No one seems arsed. It's been totally brushed under the carpet by the so called rag loving media. If we had a title win given this lack of coverage, well one can imagine the reaction on here!
Don't talk tripe wait until the 'guard of honours' start this weekend and the trophy presentation in May we will be watching 'how United won the league' programs on every channel all summer.

To be honest Pigeonho it's becoming clear to most on this forum you are just on a wind up over this issue, if I said City wear blue on this thread you would say they wear green. If you can't see what is going on you are blind.

Some bluemooners I have spoken to are even starting to wonder which club you actually follow.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. So you think that because I don't subscribe to a theory of an agenda it must mean I don't support City, and you actually discuss that with other 'bluemooners'? You have overtaken De Niro as paranoid android number one of late with all this shite, but does that mean I question who you support? No, no it doesn't because who am I to question someone on who they follow just based on their own opinions?

Now onto the title. Yesterday would you have thought united won the title the night before, based on what was in the papers? I wouldn't have. Now reverse that and pretend it was us, (yes, us), who won the league on Monday night and that same lack of coverage was in the press the day after. You would have been the first to not just post about it, but create a thread covering everything agenda about that lack of coverage. Why then would I not, or should I not be able to say the same when it's united who've won it, and question is there actually an agenda, purely based on that same lack of coverage? I should be able to, shouldn't I? And I should be able to without you, the king of City fans, (yes, I remember that thread), questioning who it is I support, shouldn't I?

It's been on the cards for a while, lacked the drama of last season. A monday night game, their umpteenth title. Its not surprising that the press reaction has been low key. But it will ramp up at the weekend. The Sunday papers will be full of pre-prepared articles, the Sky programmes on Saturday & Sunday etc. Most will be praising United but there'll be plenty of unflattering comparisons with City.

But I dont think it feels that bad as a City fan because I compare it to how I would have felt last season if not for Aguero's goal. Not winning the title after beating them 1-6 and being clearly the better team for most of the season would have been unbearable. After 90 mins I was planning to get a taxi to the airport the following day and leave the country for a couple of weeks to get away from it all. Even before that, after the Arsenal game, I was dreading the thought of them arriving at the Etihad as champions. So this doesn't feel so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.