Talksport now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pigeonho said:
moomba said:
Last nights game would have finished too late for papers to make a big thing of it today. I wouldn't rush out to buy a paper tomorrow though.
Still no front page glory. I find that strange from what I've been told is such a united loving media, especially when we were given those front page headlines by that same media that is supposed to be so anti city.

I know you're not averse to trying to prove people wrong for making claims about agendas and bias whether they've made those claims or not. But I certainly haven't suggested that there would be front page coverage of their title today because the media loves United and hates us.

Simply that the win on Monday night came too late to make mass coverage in the press on Tueday. Looking at the Fail online this morning I'd be surprised if I wasn't correct in the print editions.

And that has nothing to do with agenda or media bias, despite you being desperate to turn everything into an argument about that.

moomba said:
Pigeonho said:
moomba said:
Last nights game would have finished too late for papers to make a big thing of it today. I wouldn't rush out to buy a paper tomorrow though.
Still no front page glory. I find that strange from what I've been told is such a united loving media, especially when we were given those front page headlines by that same media that is supposed to be so anti city.

I know you're not averse to trying to prove people wrong for making claims about agendas and bias whether they've made those claims or not. But I certainly haven't suggested that there would be front page coverage of their title today because the media loves United and hates us.

Simply that the win on Monday night came too late to make mass coverage in the press on Tueday. Looking at the Fail online this morning I'd be surprised if I wasn't correct in the print editions.

And that has nothing to do with agenda or media bias, despite you being desperate to turn everything into an argument about that.
No, it's not about turning it into a row. You said yesterday you wouldn't be rushing out to get a paper as if to say you wouldn't be surprised if the papers were full of United on the front pages because it was too late on Monday. I'm just pointing out, (like those who point out pro agenda stuff), that they've not covered it, and given how they're all supposed to be pro united and anti us, I would have thought that they would have been itching to display their united triumph but that's not been the case. Now, like I asked Kiam above, if that was reversed and we had been given that lack of coverage, would you claim an anto City agenda going on and like they were brushing our triumph under the carpet?

Pigeonho said:
moomba said:
Pigeonho said:

No, it's not about turning it into a row. You said yesterday you wouldn't be rushing out to get a paper as if to say you wouldn't be surprised if the papers were full of United on the front pages because it was too late on Monday. I'm just pointing out, (like those who point out pro agenda stuff), that they've not covered it, and given how they're all supposed to be pro united and anti us, I would have thought that they would have been itching to display their united triumph but that's not been the case. Now, like I asked Kiam above, if that was reversed and we had been given that lack of coverage, would you claim an anto City agenda going on and like they were brushing our triumph under the carpet?

So you've read through all the papers to check their United coverage have you? As I said, having a quick look at the Fail online and I'll be surprised if that paper isn't full of it.

And stop trying to turn everything into a defence against the agenda, the biggest poster on the topic of an agenda is you by far. And thats because you see any criticism of the press or the FA as a statement in favour of the concept of an agenda for you to argue against.

I've never claimed there is a pro United or anti City agenda, I've stated on numerous occasions I don't believe there is.

I do believe there is an anti City and pro United sentiment amongst many members of the media, and I'll criticise articles and news stories when the situation merits it.

Does that answer your question?

moomba said:
Pigeonho said:
moomba said:

So you've read through all the papers to check their United coverage have you? As I said, having a quick look at the Fail online and I'll be surprised if that paper isn't full of it.

And stop trying to turn everything into a defence against the agenda, the biggest poster on the topic of an agenda is you by far. And thats because you see any criticism of the press or the FA as a statement in favour of the concept of an agenda for you to argue against.

I've never claimed there is a pro United or anti City agenda, I've stated on numerous occasions I don't believe there is.

I do believe there is an anti City and pro United sentiment amongst many members of the media, and I'll criticise articles and news stories when the situation merits it.

No. I've seen the headlines check on Sky News, and that is where I see there are no pictures of United's triumph spread across the front pages of those tabloids, unlike when we were spread across them. I'm sure there is stuff on it on the inside, and rightly so but given the media are supposed to adore united so much, I would have thought they would have been all over those front pages, like we were.

Pigeonho said:
moomba said:
Pigeonho said:

No. I've seen the headlines check on Sky News, and that is where I see there are no pictures of United's triumph spread across the front pages of those tabloids, unlike when we were spread across them.

That's because, unlike last Year, when the title was decided with almost the last kick of the season, this Premiership race has been a big anticlimax and it's all over with five games to go.

It's nowhere near as newsworthy as it was last season.

That's all there is to it, IMHO.

Vienna_70 said:
Pigeonho said:
moomba said:

No. I've seen the headlines check on Sky News, and that is where I see there are no pictures of United's triumph spread across the front pages of those tabloids, unlike when we were spread across them.

That's because, unlike last Year, when the title was decided with almost the last kick of the season, this Premiership race has been a big anticlimax and it's all over with five games to go.

Yes we all know that but this united living media of ours would've loved to have plastered their front pages with their title win, I would've thought. Maybe they don't love them as much as some think, or maybe they're waiting until end of the season.

Pigeonho said:
Vienna_70 said:
Pigeonho said:

Yes we all know that but this united living media of ours would've loved to have plastered their front pages with their title win, I would've thought. Maybe they don't love them as much as some think, or maybe they're waiting until end of the season.

The only one that goes on (and on and on) about the united loving media is you.

Change the record.

who's saying there was no coverage on the front page of the papers ? I don't buy any papers, but i work in a bus depot, and last night cleaning the buses seem two national papers from Tuesday, and both had front page headlines of utd winning the league, with the sun one saying "chompions" with a picture of Evra and that false arm !

Danny Mills just been on with Brazil and Irani, what a bitter bitter twat, 5 minutes of slagging City off, Brazil said City arguably best team on their day, he was having none of it and launched into an epic rag arse lick and City put down, he obviously hates us with a passion

blue underpants said:
Danny Mills just been on with Brazil and Irani, what a bitter bitter twat, 5 minutes of slagging City off, Brazil said City arguably best team on their day, he was having none of it and launched into an epic rag arse lick and City put down, he obviously hates us with a passion

The Man is full of hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.