Talksport

th
Most recent pic
I did wonder what Annie Lennox was doing these days...

The only presenter I have listened too over the past few days [admittedly not for a complete show] and who has shown any sort of reasonable logic towards City is Ray Houghton. As a player who always moved upwards because his ambition was there, he knew what it was like to leave a smaller club for one that was larger and offered more trophy potential and having done this himself, he seemed quite sympathetic towards both Sterling and Delph. He might have said otherwise when I wasn't tuned in but at least he did have a sensible grasp of the transfer market.

I heard Houghton defend us a few years back on Talkshite – after the takeover and there was shite about our wages he said "there's no surprise why Liverpool and United attracted the best players and were top of the league for years... they paid the best wages!"

It wasn't much but I heard him say he had a row with Swales over bringing in new players I think he said John Barnes was one he wanted. Then he said we are a big club, a bit more about Maine Road and the Kippax and then was moved swiftly off talking about us by Danny Kelly.

I heard it advertised earlier..... My sporting life... Bolton and Everton legend... Peter Reid, hosted by Danny Kelly... I could have sworn he also played for us... Strange

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.