Talksport

Nightmare Walking

Darren Gough gets a lot of stick on here and rightly so for some of the stupid things he says. Yet he is fantastic when talking cricket.
He was the the debate show yesterday after the close of play. He was insightful, knowledgeable and very entertaining. He was absolutely worlds away from the character that rolls up for talk sport.

Mad Eyed Screamer

Darren Gough gets a lot of stick on here and rightly so for some of the stupid things he says. Yet he is fantastic when talking cricket.
He was the the debate show yesterday after the close of play. He was insightful, knowledgeable and very entertaining. He was absolutely worlds away from the character that rolls up for talk sport.
Your last sentence sums it up.... When with Durham he is in character..... All worked out nicely, who will be good cop / bad cop that day for which particular subject.
It used to wind me up until I realised it is pantomime radio (oh yes it is) and now listen in purely for the entertainment value.
Although Jason Bent saying "Sa-ink" for something and "ga-in" for going does raise the blood temperature along with the increase in female presenters - not because they are female - because most of the time they are pushed to the back and contribute just with chuckles and just agreeing with the main presenters.
Seems like a box ticking exercise

Postman Pep

Heard a belter from gobshite White this morning trying to entice Watford and Bournemouth fans to call in. 'Believe me owners and managers listen to this show regularly .......'

Mad Eyed Screamer

Heard a belter from gobshite White this morning trying to entice Watford and Bournemouth fans to call in. 'Believe me owners and managers listen to this show regularly .......'
The amount of times he declares "your response to this topic is sending our systems into meltdown...." to give the impression thousands are getting involved.... And then he reads out two tweets.....

Nellies left peg

The amount of times he declares "your response to this topic is sending our systems into meltdown...." to give the impression thousands are getting involved.... And then he reads out two tweets.....
And he says "we'll be right across this". Wtf is that supposed to mean? He seems to think he's in the loop when probably the players and managers think like us, a complete dick

Manc in London

It's as almost he knows his cricket but is a clueless tosser about everything else.

Saying that, he may have improved since I last listened several years ago.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.