Talksport

That's not right at all. Although, the culture seems very different. The importance of match day and following your club all over, though thick and thin isn't the same. They can't really be compared.
And to be honest, American football is on for so long, and play is so interrupted that you're probably better off watching it on the tele.
Clearly American fans of any sport don't have the culture of travelling to away games for the obvious geographical reasons. But that doesn't mean they are any less passionate than we are about "soccer".
American fan culture is joining the tailgate party 3 hours before kickoff and for an hour afterwards. Cooking up food and sharing.it around. Playing corn hole or other games
I've no interest in Yanky football but have gone along to a pub on a good number of Tampa Bucs away games purely.as my.friends have and its a good 3 hour drinking session.
Florida is a very transient state (in fairness most big cities are) so has fans from.all clubs and sports. Go to any sports bar and they will have every game on and huddled in front of each large screen is a group of Steelers fans or Jets, Patriots and Cowboy fans.
One year I was in Boston one Sunday. City v Liverpool and the Banshee bar was rammed. We couldn't get in and drove a few miles and found a large sports bar, 20 mins into the game. The manager said he could put our game on until 1pm and then he was under contract to put every TV onto NFL games.
I pointed out there were like 9 games on and 30 TV's and by keeping one on our game would hardly deny any one their opportunity to watch their NFL game.of choice. He wouldn't budge. We watched the last 15 mins of the game via my phone. 6 of us.
The place was packed with fans from all clubs cheering their team on.
And college football????? They are even more crazier about that game! Can you imagine Manchester Uni playing Liverpool Uni at "soccer" and 80,000 turning up and the game was live on TV watched by hundreds of thousands?

Last edited:
He is nothing but a racist twat who has benefitted enormously as a shit footballer and is a big part of why we still have racism issues today.

Really should keep his opinions to himself.
He is spiraling which is sad to see,,,, but i clapped him and encouraged him many times from the Kippax...he always gave 100% i thought

Not only did he mind pulling on the England shirt, he tweeted this a couple of years ago. Reckon he’s had a bang on the head!

View attachment 55267
He's having a breakdown which is sad...someone should look after him, or at least take his phone away... as for the queen ..yep very sad .. but she was 96 and died in a fuckin' castle...my gran worked harder and died in a council house in Moston in her 70's...bit of perspective needed in this country

Clearly American fans of any sport don't have the culture of travelling to away games for the obvious geographical reasons. But that doesn't mean they are any less passionate than we are about "soccer".
American fan culture is joining the tailgate party 3 hours before kickoff and for an hour afterwards. Cooking up food and sharing.it around. Playing corn hole or other games
I've no interest in Yanky football but have gone along to a pub on a good number of Tampa Bucs away games purely.as my.friends have and its a good 3 hour drinking session.
Florida is a very transient state (in fairness most big cities are) so has fans from.all clubs and sports. Go to any sports bar and they will have every game on and huddled in front of each large screen is a group of Steelers fans or Jets, Patriots and Cowboy fans.
One year I was in Boston one Sunday. City v Liverpool and the Banshee bar was rammed. We couldn't get in and drove a few miles and found a large sports bar, 20 mins into the game. The manager said he could put our game on until 1pm and then he was under contract to put every TV onto NFL games.
I pointed out there were like 9 games on and 30 TV's and by keeping one on our game would hardly deny any one their opportunity to watch their NFL game.of choice. He wouldn't budge. We watched the last 15 mins of the game via my phone. 6 of us.
The place was packed with fans from all clubs cheering their team on.
And college football????? They are even more crazier about that game! Can you imagine Manchester Uni playing Liverpool Uni at "soccer" and 80,000 turning up and the game was live on TV watched by hundreds of thousands?
Lived in the states for a few years playing ''soccer''. Yes sport, culture etc is different and we should celebrate that. Life would be boring if all the same. Went to Detroit lions, Tampa Bay, steelers...had great times there with american mates - loved the difference... and the college think with all the alumni...just very different. Most UK students think their education / colleges / Uni's (if they went) were a bit shit....so not much gushing enthusiasm when they leave...boat race aside for some.

He's a grade A twat..thinks he is some football business guru...when you look at his short career in the game...he wasn't...he's one deluded twat

Calling Jordan seems fine on here , look at the state of you lot it’s proper embarrassing , some of you lot have nothing better to do slag Hinchcliffe ( 5 1 ) , Richards motm in the 6 1 and Jordan who miles more intelligent than all ov you , proper sad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.