Talksport

Not trying to be clever, but its a blogpost selling display cases. :)

Interested in why football is so popular in the US though, got a good article I could have a go at?
Probably because it’s a fucking incredible sport. Now I could go on about issues I have with the sport but they are mostly to do with refereeing and game length, but the sport itself is from a strategy standpoint, unparalleled. I absolutely love the sport. But I love football just as much. My love for City equals my love for my university team in America. Both sports are incredible for vastly different reasons

I think American college football is the closest in terms of passion. It’s incredible. The university I cheer for is Michigan and we draw 115k a game at home and away games are mostly around the Midwest so travel isn’t that bad. Some 6-7 hour drives but the experience is a blast. I would love to live in England where travel isn’t that long.
That's the key, we have been blessed in one way with hundreds of Cities (and i mean proper cities) that are about 30 - 40 mins drive away.... plus the train networks decent so loads travel away on train as its quick -City could probably sell all our away games allocation 2 / 3 over

That's the key, we have been blessed in one way with hundreds of Cities (and i mean proper cities) that are about 30 - 40 mins drive away.... plus the train networks decent so loads travel away on train as its quick -City could probably sell all our away games allocation 2 / 3 over
I know there is a minimum allocation of seats that has to be made available to go to away supporters, but is there a maximum?

Given that the ‘istree clubs did away with the splitting gate receipts many moons ago, and in these troubled Financial Times (football), wouldnt a home club without a high percentage attendance, want to maximise their income by any means by giving more space to away supporters, if the demand is there?

Or is there rules/issues with policing/stewarding?
Let alone the affect on the home team!

I think American college football is the closest in terms of passion. It’s incredible. The university I cheer for is Michigan and we draw 115k a game at home and away games are mostly around the Midwest so travel isn’t that bad. Some 6-7 hour drives but the experience is a blast. I would love to live in England where travel isn’t that long.
Erm have you been on the M25 ?

I know there is a minimum allocation of seats that has to be made available to go to away supporters, but is there a maximum?

Given that the ‘istree clubs did away with the splitting gate receipts many moons ago, and in these troubled Financial Times (football), wouldnt a home club without a high percentage attendance, want to maximise their income by any means by giving more space to away supporters, if the demand is there?

Or is there rules/issues with policing/stewarding?
Let alone the affect on the home team!
No limit
They have to give either 10% or 3,000 whichever is the smallest.
I think away fans get 1,700 at Bournemouth which is the smallest ground.
When the likes of Wigan and Blackburn were in the PL away clubs got over 5,000 tickets

Probably because it’s a fucking incredible sport. Now I could go on about issues I have with the sport but they are mostly to do with refereeing and game length, but the sport itself is from a strategy standpoint, unparalleled. I absolutely love the sport. But I love football just as much. My love for City equals my love for my university team in America. Both sports are incredible for vastly different reasons

My brother worked in Indianapolis while they won the superbowl....he said it was the most boring day he's ever had at any sporting event, he had to wake his mate up at the end.....he fell asleep after the 2nd quarter. Can see why...but fair play for seeing something in it.

Calling Jordan seems fine on here , look at the state of you lot it’s proper embarrassing , some of you lot have nothing better to do slag Hinchcliffe ( 5 1 ) , Richards motm in the 6 1 and Jordan who miles more intelligent than all ov you , proper sad
Imagine believing Jordan is your intellectual superior.

Where would you put yourself when compared to Jim White or Jamie O’Hara?

My brother worked in Indianapolis while they won the superbowl....he said it was the most boring day he's ever had at any sporting event, he had to wake his mate up at the end.....he fell asleep after the 2nd quarter. Can see why...but fair play for seeing something in it.
I am also from Indianapolis, and yes that was a boring game. I’m not much into the NFL. Here the fans a ravenous for college football. Nfl has too much of a corporate vibe and the games take way too long in my opinion. But I do love the sport

Imagine believing Jordan is your intellectual superior.

Where would you put yourself when compared to Jim White or Jamie O’Hara?

Behave with them two , Jordan knows his stuff , fair enough that you are millionaire with a couple of gaffs in Marbs like him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.