Talksport

Not bothered about the cup is a damage limitation line.

Quite a few on here did it after the Soton defeat in the LC using the less fixture congestion line. The only saving grace for City is we've won cup after cup these last few years.

Still doesn't make it right.

It’s was the boxing bloke and he has great knowledge about that but football he knows not much! He didn’t even know that Arsenal are still in Europe
He's not on his own, there's a few comments on here who think Arsenal have no European commitments.

Just to confirm because they won their Europa group they go directly to the last 16 of the knock out stage. Before that the 3rd place Champions League teams play the runners up in the Europa group stage to qualify for the last 16.

This talksport narrative of arteta playing a blinder is a load of tosh.

They are giving arse the same wrapped in cotton wool kids gloves approach as they gave the dippers when we were battling them for the league.

Everything they do is positive while our world is falling apart......even when we win and they lose.

What fan doesnt want their team to win every game, I get prioritising competitions, but thats the managements job and should be approached with winning in mind for every game.

Im gutted when we lose any game, but as City fans we dont get "comforted" by the media like our opponents do, we get slated by them.

If arteta came close to beating us with his "reserve side" why didnt he play a slightly stronger side and win, its just a ready made excuse and gives em a narrative to remain positive.

They may win the league and I will hold my hands up to em, but it wont be because arteta "played a blinder" by being knocked out of the fa cup.

They are giving arse the same wrapped in cotton wool kids gloves approach as they gave the dippers when we were battling them for the league.

Everything they do is positive while our world is falling apart......even when we win and they lose.

What fan doesnt want their team to win every game, I get prioritising competitions, but thats the managements job and should be approached with winning in mind for every game.

Im gutted when we lose any game, but as City fans we dont get "comforted" by the media like our opponents do, we get slated by them.

If arteta came close to beating us with his "reserve side" why didnt he play a slightly stronger side and win, its just a ready made excuse and gives em a narrative to remain positive.

They may win the league and I will hold my hands up to em, but it wont be because arteta "played a blinder" by being knocked out of the fa cup.
Correct.
Had Arsenal won the media would have been about how Arsenal got the upper hand and put a marker down for the title.
They lose and the media go all Echo-esq with
"How losing in the cup is good news for Arsenal".

Had City lost no one would have said how much that would help City's title hopes, it would have been all how City discovered the new kid in town and our time was up....

Once the media realise that there is a whole generation of kids growing up supporting City, they’ll change their ways.
It will only change when we have a demonstrable global reach on the scale of the rags, Liverpool and Celtic for example.

It's not enough to be entertaining, often brilliant, and successful.

We have to be entertaining, often brilliant, and successful - and with 50bn followers worldwide.

If there is money to be made they will be all over us. Until then...

It will only change when we have a demonstrable global reach on the scale of the rags, Liverpool and Celtic for example.

It's not enough to be entertaining, often brilliant, and successful.

We have to be entertaining, often brilliant, and successful - and with 50bn followers worldwide.

If there is money to be made they will be all over us. Until then...

Thing is in America we are in the top 5 supported clubs

Last edited:

City play a weakened side and we're disrespecting the competition (even if we win the game).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.