Talksport

“Arteta, he’s played a blinder….
Out of thr FA Cup, no european football so he’s not bothered because he’s trying to keep his players fresh as they want to win the premier league…Arteta has had an absolute worldie tonight”

THEM EXACT WORDS SPOKEN TONIGHT ON LIVE RADIO!!!!

Imagine if they had won?

This radio station needs banning - surely there is some kind of authority/regulator to stop this kind of shite? I would rather nail my balls to a sinking ship than listen to this for another 5mins which i’ll never get back.
I'm sure the narrative would be different if they had won, but I actually agree with the sentiment about them losing. They weren't embarrassed, they didn't play a full strength team and now they don't have the FA Cup to worry about. I think it's actually a good thing for them to be out of the cup.

Just posted in the media thread but did anyone else this morning (just after 6am) hear Natalie Sawyer ask Tony Cascarino if "Ake meant that goal last night as a shot or a cross" to which Cascarino replied "I will give him the benifit of doubt but he didnt hit it with any conviction"
Still cant quite believe anyone who knows anything about football in any way could even ask that question?
As someone said in the post-match thread, it reminded him of Mario's first in the Sick Swan, in that Nathan placed it beautifully.

I must admit, I thought it was going wide, but it was clear, when I saw the replay, that he meant to do what he did.

Of course, it could easily be more WUMmery from talkSHITE just to get the phones ringing and twitter twatting, or whatever it does.

Last edited:
I heard this, who was it that said it though? I haven’t switched this station on for a looong time but did last night, it went off again after that. About 4 minutes I think I lasted

It’s was the boxing bloke and he has great knowledge about that but football he knows not much! He didn’t even know that Arsenal are still in Europe

It’s was the boxing bloke and he has great knowledge about that but football he knows not much! He didn’t even know that Arsenal are still in Europe
He sounded like he gets punched in the face for a living the thick twat

I'm sure the narrative would be different if they had won, but I actually agree with the sentiment about them losing. They weren't embarrassed, they didn't play a full strength team and now they don't have the FA Cup to worry about. I think it's actually a good thing for them to be out of the cup.
Strange there isn't a take on Arsenal not being able to handle more than one competition.. if they are that f*cking good then they should be putting every effort in to all comps. Otherwise stop fawning over them (aiming this at talk shite not you malg).

Strange there isn't a take on Arsenal not being able to handle more than one competition.. if they are that f*cking good then they should be putting every effort in to all comps. Otherwise stop fawning over them (aiming this at talk shite not you malg).
You're right. They are portrayed as the plucky under dogs (another Leicester if you will) and no one will mention their spend over the last few years as the narrative is City and Chelsea spend big. I don't think they can handle a run on multiple fronts, their fans and their club probably agree. Given their lead in the league it's all about that. In fact I'd probably say their biggest 2 games of the season are the league games against us. If we don't take 4 points out of those games then I'd say they're there. I'm sure Arteta believes that as well.

I heard this, who was it that said it though? I haven’t switched this station on for a looong time but did last night, it went off again after that. About 4 minutes I think I lasted
Don’t know his name….he was on with Carlton Cole. It’s on youtube if you fancy a giggle :-)

It's not great, I don't think we'll catch them but if we do and they also get knocked out of the Europa cup they could end up with no trophies from a promising season. An FA Cup is a major honour.

I think we won the League last year on the back of the Dipper defeat in the FA Cup as we had a major defensive crisis but that was late in the competition, the Tarquins were shit scared of playing their strongest team, oven ready excuse for getting beat.

Whichever team we played Friday would have been described as "strong". However Bernie, Walker, Cancelo, Foden and Dias didn't start for varying reasons and Johnny Stones, our best defender was replaced at HT, the Tarquins made strong substitutions but we controlled the game in the second half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.