Aguero

LoveCity said:
Tevez City said:
-------------------Hart------------
Richards---Kompany---Lescott---Clichy
--------------------Yaya------------
-----------Silva---------------Nasri
-----Aguero--------Dzeko----------Mario

Sorry but I think that is a very naive formation and the sort that led to us getting overrun in Munich. Even Fulham managed to get on top of a two man midfield of Yaya/Barry in the second half, can you imagine what the rags would do to us with a one man midfield and five attacking players, none of whom are guaranteed to track back? United are one of the best counterattacking teams in the world, they'd destroy us with pace. Only Barcelona can get away with a formation like the above, we aren't close to them and will be lucky to have even a 5% possession advantage at the swamp.

Can you tell me how United will play ?
Do you remember how they beat us with Anderson and Cleverly as CM in the Community Shield !
They won without any defensive midfielder.

Tevez City said:
Do you remember how they beat us with Anderson and Cleverly as CM in the Community Shield !

But we aren't United, we have our system and we have shown vulnerability (especially in second halfs) with TWO holding type midfielders. You suddenly want to switch to ONE against possibly the best counterattacking team in the world? Sorry but I can only view this as naive, even if we had 60% possession (and I'm not sure we will at the swamp, maybe at home) they would kill us on the counter as we'd have one midfielder (Yaya) to stop players like Nani, Young, Rooney, and Welbeck or Hernandez before they get to our back four.

We need a minimum of two midfielders, personally I'd go for three (De Jong, Milner, Yaya), two of whom will spend a lot of time in the United half with Aguero, Balotelli, and Silva. We aren't Barcelona and cannot yet control an entire game against a team like United. Mancini learned his lesson against Bayern and Fulham and even with three midfielders against Villa, we were still attacking, creative, and scored four goals. And when we beat United in the FA Cup semi, we played De Jong, Yaya, and Barry, and the balance was perfect after a shaky start when they were on top of us.

----------------Hart----------------
---Richards--kompany--Lescott--Clichy
------------Barry----NDJ-----------
------Nasri----Silva----Milner-------
--------------Aguero--------------

FantasyIreland said:

No Yaya against UTD?! He's got a pretty good record against em...

LoveCity said:
Tevez City said:

But we aren't United, we have our system and we have shown vulnerability (especially in second halfs) with TWO holding type midfielders. You suddenly want to switch to ONE against possibly the best counterattacking team in the world? Sorry but I can only view this as naive, even if we had 60% possession (and I'm not sure we will at the swamp, maybe at home) they would kill us on the counter as we'd have one midfielder (Yaya) to stop players like Nani, Young, Rooney, and Welbeck or Hernandez before they get to our back four.

We need a minimum of two midfielders, personally I'd go for three (De Jong, Milner, Yaya), two of whom will spend a lot of time in the United half with Aguero, Balotelli, and Silva. We aren't Barcelona and cannot yet control an entire game against a team like United. Mancini learned his lesson against Bayern and Fulham and even with three midfielders against Villa, we were still attacking, creative, and scored four goals. And when we beat United in the FA Cup semi, we played De Jong, Yaya, and Barry, and the balance was perfect after a shaky start when they were on top of us.

How many games did Mancini play with 3 holding midfielders against United ?
And what was the results ?

I remember us winning two times ( Carling Cup + FA Cup )
Losing 2 times in the league + 1 draw ! and ONE loss in the Carling Cup

Which means its ( Mancini`s formation) not really working well against them !

mancunial said:
never mind the team whos the ref?

Shreks mate

Mark-Clattenburg-hair-loss-solutions-advert-cropped

Tevez City said:
How many games did Mancini play with 3 holding midfielders against United ?
And what was the results ?

I remember us winning two times ( Carling Cup + FA Cup )
Losing 2 times in the league + 1 draw ! and ONE loss in the Carling Cup

Which means its ( Mancini`s formation) not really working well against them !

But we have better players now - our problem with playing three midfielders in the past is that we lacked the creativity going forward. The Villa game showed that we can now have a busy midfield but still attack in force because we're now a better team - and we were the better team at Old Trafford last season and wouldn't have lost if not for Rooney's once-in-a-lifetime overhead kick.

Now we have more options and also with my ideal formation we'd have Yaya and Milner contributing to the attack from said midfield roles even while doing the defensive duties with De Jong such as doubling up on United's wingers, as with your formation they could just hit it to Young and Nani and both Micah and Clichy would have no protection whatsoever from the midfield - because the midfield wouldn't exist!

Playing 4-3-3 we'd have 7 players regularly in their half when we attack - the three forwards (Aguero, Dzeko/Balotelli, Silva), two of the midfielders (Yaya and Milner/Barry), and the two full-backs (Clichy and Micah). But then even if our attack breaks down and they counter we'll have De Jong waiting for them with Milner/Barry breaking a neck to get back and help out, rather than five attacking players and possibly both full-backs still up the pitch while United rape us like Napoli did on the counter with two centre-backs and very little protection in front of them as you wouldn't even have De Jong (who quite possibly would have been a third man against Napoli making it 3 vs. 2 in our favour rather than the 2 vs. 2 that led to their goal) there to help them out.

smiles said:
FantasyIreland said:

No Yaya against UTD?! He's got a pretty good record against em...

Plus he's the best passer in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.