Team for City v Boro

No way would I risk Silva, especially not from the start. Partly because of what happened in that Newcastle cup tie but mainly because without Yaya and Nasri, Navas not being fully fit and Aguero not yet returned to his peak, he's even more vital to us than usual.

I'd play Clichy instead of Kolarov. We need someone to have a run of games in that position and Clichy is playing the better of the two at the moment. They'll be other opportunities to play Kolarov.

Not sure I'd start Aguero either. Can understand the need for him to have games but he's already had over 100 minutes so I'd like see Dzeko get a start. Also think that, now we have strikers available, it would be a great opportunity to give Pozo a game. Play him in the role he likes best just off a main striker rather than leading the line on his own like last time.

Team:

Caballero
Sagna, Kompany, Mangala, Clichy
Milner Fernando
Navas Pozo Jovetic
Dzeko

Subs: Hart, Boyata, Kolarov, Lampard, Fernandinho, Barker/Ambrose, Aguero

We should start this game with the same team we plan to use against Chelsea. We have no midweek game before or after and need some continuity after a very disrupted couple of months. Maybe if zab and/or clichy need a break, give them a rest, but the spine should be the same. A dry run, as it were. If the game's won after an hour we take off silva, fernandinho and one other who's been playing a lot.

Barker from the start for me. Get this lad in now! If I have to spend anymore time watching Jesus Navas waste anymore attacking opportunities I'll just give up and die. Anyone who has seen Barker, knows that not only can he shift, he can dribble, beat a man with a drop of a shoulder, pick a pass, but more importantly he can shoot with power!

In fact if Barker doesn't get a chance I will seriously begin to question just why the f*ck we have built that academy. All this sending them out on loan first and let them develop is absolute bollocks! Not a single one of the likes of Lopez, Fofana, Reikik or Denayer, to name but a few will come back and enter our squad. Other than learn bad habits and play against sub standard journey men, how are these players whilst playing for Lille, Fulham, PSV or Celtic possibly going to improve to a level where they get in our squad upon return? In short it just isn't going to happen.

MaineRoadBlue said:
Barker from the start for me. Get this lad in now! If I have to spend anymore time watching Jesus Navas waste anymore attacking opportunities I'll just give up and die. Anyone who has seen Barker, knows that not only can he shift, he can dribble, beat a man with a drop of a shoulder, pick a pass, but more importantly he can shoot with power!

In fact if Barker doesn't get a chance I will seriously begin to question just why the f*ck we have built that academy. All this sending them out on loan first and let them develop is absolute bollocks! Not a single one of the likes of Lopez, Fofana, Reikik or Denayer, to name but a few will come back and enter our squad. Other than learn bad habits and play against sub standard journey men, how are these players whilst playing for Lille, Fulham, PSV or Celtic possibly going to improve to a level where they get in our squad upon return? In short it just isn't going to happen.

100% correct!

The Boro game is a good opportunity to give some players match practice. But try as we might its never going to be a rehearsal for Chelsea. I doubt we'll see two more dissimilar games than Boro at home and Chelsea away.

FantasyIreland said:
Full strength.

Couple of kids on bench.
Totally agree, anything less and I'll be annoyed.

Yesterday we put ourselves in a less likely position to win the league, we're out of the Capital One, and most of the realists don't see us winning the CL (yes its possible, but highly unlikely), so wasting the chance of winning the FAC, by putting out a sub standard team would be idiotic.

Full strength start, get it won, and "rest" when its done.

vinny , kun and dzeko have to start this game , they are desperate for match fitness , CABELLERO - SAGNA , KOMPANY , MANGALA , KOLAROV - MILNER , FERNANDO , LAMPARD , JOVETIC - DZEKO , AGUERO , we need a convincing win and a clean sheet , in preparation for the chavs title presentation the following weekend :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.