Team for the opening day of next season update 10/11 page 19

Re: Team for the opening day of next season

bobrivers said:
Roman isn't skint and he'll spend plenty in the summer, wait and see.

Don't know about that, as he has lost half of his wealth due to the economic decline, but they do need to as the team is getting old in certain areas and i don't believe teams fear them or liverpool, like they do with the rags. But i cann't see them spending over £50mil in the summer, like we may or the red shit can.

I think essien, would be a possibility, as would anyone with the volume of money we have, but as you say, its down to essiens personal choice and only he would know what his opinion would be on that.

........................GIVEN.............................
ZAB..........KOMPANY......KOLO...........LESCOTT
SWP..........DE JONG.....DIEGO..........RIBERY
..............ROBINHO......IBRAHIMAVIC

BENCH
bell
richards
ireland
dunne
etc

Cooper.
Fleming.
Hinchcliffe.
Bishop.
Gayle.
Redmond.
White.
Morley.
Oldfield.
Brightwell.
Lake.

GK: David Seaman
RB: Danny Mills
CB: Steve Howey
CB: Laurent Charvet
LB: Michael Tarnat
RW: Trevor Sinclair
CM: Claudio Reyna
CM: Joey Barton
LW: Georgios Samaras
ST: Robbie Fowler
ST: Bernardo Corradi

Clubber said:
bobrivers said:
Roman isn't skint and he'll spend plenty in the summer, wait and see.

Don't know about that, as he has lost half of his wealth due to the economic decline, but they do need to as the team is getting old in certain areas and i don't believe teams fear them or liverpool, like they do with the rags. But i cann't see them spending over £50mil in the summer, like we may or the red shit can.

I think essien, would be a possibility, as would anyone with the volume of money we have, but as you say, its down to essiens personal choice and only he would know what his opinion would be on that.

Essien won't go anywhere - nor will any of our key players like Lampard, JT or Joe Cole. These days, we don't make a habit of letting players go who are at the top of their game. We let you have Bridge and SWP back because the management thought (rightly or wrongly) we had better within the squad. The only top player we've let go in recent seasons was Robben, but with his injury record, to get decent money for him was hard to turn down. But the fact is we've never properly replaced him.

I think Roman will put up money for one decent / biggish signing in the summer, but that will be a max of £20 - £25m. A lot depends on Drogba but to be honest I'm happy that the days of us going out and buying whoever we wanted are over. I want to see some of our youth come through like Stoch, Di Santo and Kakuta (although he's just broken his leg so we won't see him for a while).

I expect us to offload Ballack, Deco, Malouda, Ferreira + one of our centre backs (not JT) and possibly Drogba.

What we need is a new manager and we all know it.

His tactics and the fact he can't get the best out of players is why we are so inconsistent.

I think David Moyes or Jose Mourinho in the summer. :)

Given

Richards Kompany Toure Chellini (sp)

Zabeleta De Jong

SWP Petrov

Robinho

Eto'o

SUBS: Hart, nedum, Bridge, dunne, ireland, weiss, boj, bellamy etc

CFCnibs said:
I expect us to offload Ballack, Deco, Malouda, Ferreira + one of our centre backs (not JT) and possibly Drogba.

I don't want to be direspectful, i know Terry is a really good player, but chelsea fans too rate him really highly, and as seen before on this forum, would not be hugely welcome by all the city fans. I see the same with pulyol at barca, is it partly to do with there love for the club that they are so highly rate by there own fans, am i missing something as i don't watch them every week or do Chlsea fans not rate him that highly any way. Carvalho, for me, is a better player.

Clubber said:
CFCnibs said:

I don't want to be direspectful, i know Terry is a really good player, but chelsea fans too rate him really highly, and as seen before on this forum, would not be hugely welcome by all the city fans. I see the same with pulyol at barca, is it partly to do with there love for the club that they are so highly rate by there own fans, am i missing something as i don't watch them every week or do Chlsea fans not rate him that highly any way. Carvalho, for me, is a better player.

Carvalho is a better footballer but JT is the kind of player you want 'cos you know he would die for the club. I've seen Carvalho have bad games just as JT has had. Both have suffered a lot with injuries over the past couple of seasons but with Carvalho coming upto 31, I wouldn't mind us letting him go. With Terry, even when his form is a bit off, you know he's still a great leader and can contribute in other ways. You're right - he might not be the best defender, but he has a lot of qualities - he isn't England skipper for nothing.

CFCnibs said:
Carvalho is a better footballer but JT is the kind of player you want 'cos you know he would die for the club. I've seen Carvalho have bad games just as JT has had. Both have suffered a lot with injuries over the past couple of seasons but with Carvalho coming upto 31, I wouldn't mind us letting him go. With Terry, even when his form is a bit off, you know he's still a great leader and can contribute in other ways. You're right - he might not be the best defender, but he has a lot of qualities - he isn't England skipper for nothing.

True - it means he can rugby tackle opposition players, abuse officials and make dangerous tackles without punishment ;o)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.