Team for the opening day of next season update 10/11 page 19

Re: Team for the opening day of next season

keith Curley Watts said:
Dibble<BR itxtvisited="1"><BR itxtvisited="1">Charvet Vonk Curle Thatcher<BR itxtvisited="1"><BR itxtvisited="1">Buster-Phillips Clough Negoui Creany<BR itxtvisited="1"><BR itxtvisited="1">Bradbury Fowler<BR itxtvisited="1"><BR itxtvisited="1"><BR itxtvisited="1">Subs: Van Blerk, Tracy, Mills, Macken, Vassel, Brannan, Mcmanamanamanamanamanaman

Swap Curle for Kernaghan and the Premiership is ours.

Seriously we've had some shite play for us over the years.

TaylorWill07 said:
...................................................Given.....................................

Richards(if best form)..........Kompany...........Chiellini................Bridge

....................................De Rossi............De Jong.........................

.............Swp/Ireland.................................................Robinho/Ireland
...........................................Aguero/Tevez ................................

.................................................Benzema..................................

This would be awesome.

Probably the best line-up on this thread. Benzema would give us the all important height that we are crucially missing. But Ireland dosen't have the pace to play out wide (only my opinion). Also tell Robinho to start putting a shift in away from home.

mcmanus said:
TaylorWill07 said:
...................................................Given.....................................

Richards(if best form)..........Kompany...........Chiellini................Bridge

....................................De Rossi............De Jong.........................

.............Swp/Ireland.................................................Robinho/Ireland
...........................................Aguero/Tevez ................................

.................................................Benzema..................................

This would be awesome.

Probably the best line-up on this thread. Benzema would give us the all important height that we are crucially missing. But Ireland dosen't have the pace to play out wide (only my opinion). Also tell Robinho to start putting a shift in away from home.

this

i'd have kaka instead of aguero or tevez though

Given
Richards Kompany Mexes Taiwo

De jong Cambiasso
swp Diego Robbie
Villa

subs: hart, bridge, onouha, zabba, ireland, bellamy, sturridge

i,d be more than happy with this team

............................................................................given...................................................................................

zab.......................................................kompany...............................chiellieni............................................bridge

.........................................................de.jong.................................parker..........................................................

swp..........................................................................ireland...................................................................downing

.............................................................................rsc.....................................................................................

bench
dunne
richards
hart
bojinov
bellamy
petrov

uwe rosler 28 said:

............................................................................given...................................................................................

zab.......................................................kompany...............................chiellieni............................................bridge

.........................................................de.jong.................................parker..........................................................

swp..........................................................................ireland...................................................................downing

.............................................................................rsc.....................................................................................

bench
dunne
richards
hart
bojinov
bellamy
petrov

The mosy sensible one i've seen, and could actually be possible. Chiellieni would be a great signing, but wouldn't have downing instead of robinho.

I think the verdict is still out on RSC as last year was the first time in his career to reach double figures and before, he never scored more than 5 in one season at bayern. Wouldn't turn my nose up at him though, but would prefer benzaman, but that could be a strech.

Clubber said:
uwe rosler 28 said:

bench
dunne
richards
hart
bojinov
bellamy
petrov

The mosy sensible one i've seen, and could actually be possible. Chiellieni would be a great signing, but wouldn't have downing instead of robinho.

I think the verdict is still out on RSC as last year was the first time in his career to reach double figures and before, he never scored more than 5 in one season at bayern. Wouldn't turn my nose up at him though, but would prefer benzaman, but that could be a strech.

i put 4 players in the team 3 with proven prem experience downing can give us a balance on the left he,s looked awesome last couple of games and can take set pieces parker to give us more bite and has a good engine in midfield and rsc would give us the height and physical presence were desperatly missing upfront would only keep robbie if we are to change formation

Clubber said:
Ribery is a great idea though, he is a great player and i'd love to get him. Another player i would like is Essien. With the competition in chelseas centre mid, they may let him go, and with him, ireland and kompany or de jong, that is a centre mid which could definitly dominate most, if not all premiership and european midfields.

If you think Chelsea would even consider selling Essien, you're dreaming.

Most posters on this thread need a reality check. It's all well and good to talk who you'd love to see in your team next season but those are some of the biggest names in world football you're mentioning.

If Eto'o, Ribery, Ibrahimovic,etc etc will even become available there'll be plenty of top clubs interested in their services. City may offer them more money than anybody else but players of that caliber can get a big contract anywhere and are also driven by ambition to play in the biggest clubs and compete for the biggest trophies, something City at the moment can't offer.

In short, you need to learn to crawl before you walk. To be considered serious City need to at least make it to the CL. Put yourself in the position of say, Ribery or Aguero and imagine you have a choice between playing for Barca,,Inter,Chelsea or City. Unless you're motivated only by earning a few extra quid, City will not even enter the equation.

bobrivers said:
Clubber said:
Ribery is a great idea though, he is a great player and i'd love to get him. Another player i would like is Essien. With the competition in chelseas centre mid, they may let him go, and with him, ireland and kompany or de jong, that is a centre mid which could definitly dominate most, if not all premiership and european midfields.

If you think Chelsea would even consider selling Essien, you're dreaming.

Most posters on this thread need a reality check. It's all well and good to talk who you'd love to see in your team next season but those are some of the biggest names in world football you're mentioning.

If Eto'o, Ribery, Ibrahimovic,etc etc will even become available there'll be plenty of top clubs interested in their services. City may offer them more money than anybody else but players of that caliber can get a big contract anywhere and are also driven by ambition to play in the biggest clubs and compete for the biggest trophies, something City at the moment can't offer.

In short, you need to learn to crawl before you walk. To be considered serious City need to at least make it to the CL. Put yourself in the position of say, Ribery or Aguero and imagine you have a choice between playing for Barca,,Inter,Chelsea or City. Unless you're motivated only by earning a few extra quid, City will not even enter the equation.

Generally your right, a lot of talk of the greatest players in the world would probably not want to come to city, but essien was a united fan and they put in a large offer in at the same time as chelsea and he took the bigger pay packet and as i mentioned chelsea have a lot of player in his role and abramovic is skint (Wish i was his type of skint). He probably wouldn't come to city, but at the end of the day thats my ideal player for city and i never thought Robinho would come or Kaka would take a couple of days too mull over an offer, so anything is possible.

I am dead against some of the teams which are star studded, every postion a +£20mil player, as i don't think these teams are possible and that they wouldn't work, also the fact that to many signing in one season messes with the balance and dynamic of the team.

Clubber said:
Generally your right, a lot of talk of the greatest players in the world would probably not want to come to city, but essien was a united fan and they put in a large offer in at the same time as chelsea and he took the bigger pay packet and as i mentioned chelsea have a lot of player in his role and abramovic is skint (Wish i was his type of skint). He probably wouldn't come to city, but at the end of the day thats my ideal player for city and i never thought Robinho would come or Kaka would take a couple of days too mull over an offer, so anything is possible.

I am dead against some of the teams which are star studded, every postion a +£20mil player, as i don't think these teams are possible and that they wouldn't work, also the fact that to many signing in one season messes with the balance and dynamic of the team.

United never made an official bid for Essien so they never got to talk any personal terms with the player hence all this talk about bigger pay packet has no basis. They were interested in Essien but didn't want enter into the bidding game and once Chelsea offered Lyon the big fee it was only one destination for him.

The fact that he supported United means little, Solskjaer was a Liverpool fan, for example. Plus, you are comparing Chelsea of the summer of 2005 coming off the season where they won the league and the league cup plus reached the CL semis for the second season in a row to City that at this particular moment struggle even to secure to UEFA Cup spot.

Robinho came because he wanted desperately out of Madrid and they were reluctant to sell him to a CL rival(Chelsea). If City continue to struggle he'll start looking for a way out pretty soon. You don't seriously think someone who called in the press conference a day before the transfer deadline to proclaim his desire to join Chelsea and then switched to City a day later is truly committed to your club?

Kaka's transfer saga was prolonged due to Milan wanting to score a huge amount of money to rejuvenate the old squad rather than Kaka's desire to leave AC for City.

Roman isn't skint and he'll spend plenty in the summer, wait and see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.