Technical problems

bluemonkey71 said:
@Damocles....

I assume this site is on a hosted server or is this not the case?

Dedicated server more expensive but I'm sure lots would contribute.

my 2p

Hi mate, I upgraded to a dedicated server last year and on the whole it's been a lot better than the previous shared hosting.

The problems occur when something big happens, like last night, and we get nearly 1000 users online at once. We're working to resolve it though.

Ric said:
Hi mate, I upgraded to a dedicated server last year and on the whole it's been a lot better than the previous shared hosting.

The problems occur when something big happens, like last night, and we get nearly 1000 users online at once. We're working to resolve it though.

Cool. keep up the good work..

Respect.

ciderjohn1 said:
is this technical hitch the reason why i cannot start a new topic ?

You need 50 posts to be able to start a topic. A new rule designed to cut down on wums and spam.
You probably lost a load of your posts in the last board crash.

I'm checking on that as it was my understanding that it was either 50 posts or 10 days membership, whichever came around first. Based on that you should be able to start a new thread, I've asked Ric if that's still the case or if there's been a change in policy. If there has I'll get Damocles to reset your post count so you can start threads again, after over 5 years of membership it seems a little harsh to prevent you starting a thread!!

EDIT: It should be an either/or situation so your length of membership should allow you to start threads, it currently doesn't and is on the "list of things to fix". Bear with us!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.