teenage scum attack cyclist in town

Flip the incident.

Say 4 white guys attacked an Asian cyclist.

Would it be reported as a racist attack? You can guarantee it would.....

FantasyIreland said:
Flip the incident.

Well, you are talking about a made up incident, only available in your head.

But, anyway, what are you saying about the reporting of this incident?

That this incident is reported incorrectly and should be reported as a racist incident (without evidence to show that)?

Or that it is reported correctly and therefore is a complete non-issue (in terms of what's being discussed here)?

FantasyIreland said:
Flip the incident.

This has only been reported as racist attack by some no-mark on a football forum. I'm sure other clueless no-marks on other football forums would class it as racist if indeed it was 4 white guys on an asian guy, but just like the no-mark on this thread, they wouldn't have a clue either and would just be presuming.

pominoz said:
TGR said:
pominoz said:
Some precious buggers on here, if that had happened in Melbourne the lads would have been described as "of Indian" appearance, can you imagine the uproar in the UK?
No one here would bat an eyelid, even Indians,
Of "Asian appearance" here means,of Chinese/Vietnamese heritage, again no one would give a fuck, even the Chinese/Vietnamese community.
Stop looking for something to be offended about ffs.

Hi pominoz. I agree with you but say it had happened on the corner of Swanston Street & Flinders Street and it would have been 4 Aborigines attacking a cyclist? How would that have been reported? I know the Aborigines are a very sensitive issue these days and things have changed. Would the PC brigade be up in arms? I know years ago nobody would have said a thing but now? There is a more and more racial tension in the UK now due to the 'Islam thing' (cue mayhem on here!) regardless if some posters on here don't like it or agree with it (or choose to ignore it). There is.
Cheers
Ray

It would be reported as of Aboriginal/Islander appearance.
Same as if it was it was Maori lads, it would be reported as "Maori/Pacific Islander" appearance.
It is what it is, and is reported as such. No one gives a fuck as long as we get catch them.

We also have radical Muslims here, but this is the way we deal with them when they start their shit,,,

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCfwcd_Ajg4[/youtube]

That is hilarious :-)

FantasyIreland said:
Flip the incident.

Always is mate, always is, those naughty white boys would be hunted down like dogs

blue underpants said:
FantasyIreland said:
Flip the incident.

Always is mate, always is, those naughty white boys would be hunted down like dogs

Bit of a persecution complex on show there.

another generation said:
Out of pure curiousity, I clicked on the link. Seemed like a normal news article about a fairly alarming incident, right until I read: 'the teenagers, who were all Asian'. Was it really deemed necessary to include these words? Talk about pouring petrol on to a fire. I've just sent an e-mail to the news editor, asking that the racial description be removed from the article. I won't be holding my breath.
Your post is a great example of positive discrimination,unless of course you have wrote to the editor asking for racial descriptions not to be used period !

jma said:
blue underpants said:
FantasyIreland said:
Flip the incident.

Bit of a persecution complex on show there.
Yeah course there is mate, finished reading your backlog of Beanos yet

Of course my scenario is hypothetical,however,enough similar incidents occur,and are reported,on a regular basis,with the suggested motive given as reason,for me to conclude that,yes,it would be reported differently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.