Ten biggest English clubs?

What makes a big club? Different people have different opinions.

Can you be a big club, and then become small? Or is it that once you've secured your "Big Club" status, that forever remains.

As a Chelsea fan you get people consistently saying, we're a small club, I suspect out of jealousy, envy etc..

The way I see it, the size of a club is malleable, and it's not necessarily the funds you have.

Big clubs are about fan base to me and the amount of interest your club generates, for instance, when we played at your stadium earlier you had record attendance...

Chelsea are a club on the lips of football fans worldwide, we compete at the highest possible level, consistently reaching the final stages of the UCL

That's why Chelsea are one of the biggest clubs today.

Now as City fans you might be itching to call me a rent-boy and then tell me to fuck myself twice, but..

I was setting the standards, so you can see why, I can't accept for you to claim a club like Nottingham Forest is anywhere as big as City is today.

Trophies count, sure, but, if you're old news, you can't claim to be a big club today.

West Ham have a massive fan base especially in and around London, probably more of a family club than any other London club, they are in the Premiership, I think they are a big club definitely.

Theres a few clubs that have been in the Premiership since it's inception, that suggests recently all of those clubs are amongst the biggest English clubs.

If you were to get google analytics on the hierarchy of clubs in terms of how often they've been searched for it'd be interesting to see how it compares, although, with clubs usually being the names of places, there will be a margin of error.

Revol said:
Who would you say are the ten biggest English clubs, in terms of support and general reputation?

I'd say:

M*n U****d
Arsenal
Chelsea
Liverpool
Leeds
Newcastle
Forest
Spurs
Villa
West Ham

Don't know where we stand but I can see us gaining a fair bit of rep in the next few years...

Can't be arsed reading the whole thread, West Fukin Ham???? lol

IMO (althought I hate them) Spurs are bigger than us at present, taking into account trophies and fan base. They seem to sell out wherever they go and we, to be fair, do not.

Shooter 83 said:
JOGAMIGMOG said:
In terms of world-wide fans, I'd say

Rags
Liverpool
Arsenal
Spurs
Chelsea
Newcastle
Manchester City FC
Everton
Aston Villa
Leeds

Chelsea? They used to get 8,000 when they was shit.

I know that but these days the world's full of plastic Chelsea fans.

The fact that Everton a team that has been in the top flight a lot longer than any other club, a founder member of the football league and the 4th most successful club in England isn't mentioned in most
list shows your ignorence and stupidy of the average Manchester City fan

Immaculate Pasta said:
EssexYid, you love showing off facts and figures. This is one of my favourites.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Record_home_attendances_of_English_football_clubs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Record_hom ... ball_clubs</a>

I already knew that many years ago, well done on that, Manchester City obviously had a bigger stadium than every other club at a time when clubs were often turning thousands of fans away, as they locked their gates to full houses long before kick off.

The true barometer of a clubs support is it's all time average attendances, as this shows the overall size and loyalty of it's clubs fan base.

BlueBoy2010 said:
The fact that Everton a team that has been in the top flight a lot longer than any other club, a founder member of the football league and the 4th most successful club in England isn't mentioned in most

Lets have your list then

BlueBoy2010 said:

I have to agree with you mate to be honest about it, from the 1960's until Sky TV there was a BIG 5 clubs that was set in stone for 30 odd years, those Five clubs were Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, and Everton.

My list goes Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton, Aston Villa, Tottenham, Chelsea, Manchester City, Newcastle, Leeds United. This is based on history, support and recent finishings

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.