Tenuous connections to Manchester City players old and new.

My mum's cousin, Peter Donaghue, (my first cousin once removed) led a consortium to buy City and organised a protest to remove chairman Albert Alexander in the mid 60's and had a rally at the Free Trade Hall.

An agreement was made for all parties to work together and Joe Mercer was appointed manager..... the rest is history.....

For added info, Peter Donaghue owned a string of laundrettes across South Manchester.
So rather than eventually being owned by a Rental TV Salesman, we could have been run by a bloke with a laundrette empire!

Here is a thread I started a few years back on the subject (where I wrongly described him as my 2nd cousin)
I knew Peter. He used to get me tickets for cup matches. We went together to Everton vs. City in 1981 and he got me tickets for the replay. I went to that game with a great mate who was an Evertonian who yelled “Bastard” when Joe made a great save.

Yeah, I spent five minutes before I posted trying to grab the name from the memory bank but gave up in the end. Think Victoria Wines was the other next door and there was a nightclub above it at the time, who’s name also escapes me.
It was Shades. Before that the Limit

Our friends use to own the Cakebox in fog lane Burnage back in the day !

A few City players would pop in for cakes lol. Back in the 80's they got all the City squads autographs for a friend of mind who was seriously injured in a car crash.

I lived 2/3 streets away from where Phil Foden was born and raised.

My father grew up a few streets away from Colin Bell.

When working at JJB Sports I served Trevor Sinclair for his family to have shirt printing done on England shirt. Only for me to be told I need to take a lunch break, the lad who printed the shirts made a horrendous mess of them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.