Terry racism trial, this is going to get nasty

LongsightM13 said:
For me, I think he knows he's guilty and which is why he wanted the case knocked back until the end of the season. A last hurrah for him, as his career is over in this country if he is convicted.

Don't see why his career will be over. I think I read even if he is found guilty the maximum punishment is just a fine. Even if he does to go to prison or whatever, people like Lee Hughes (a murderer) and that ex-Plymouth keeper (another murderer) have both got new teams. If they are good enough, a team will take them.

I cant see him being found guilty, though he clearly he is. Just look at the debate thats gone on on this site, other forums, newspapers etc about what he said. We all think we know what he said, but there are a few who dont and a few who put riders on it. Juries are notoriously weak at making decisions if any tiny doubt is put in their mind, particularly high profile ones. It only takes a couple of wet blankets to be on the jury and its all over.

Such a great player its a shame he'll always be known as a c*nt and not for the amount he has achieved in his career, he's own fault.

His career wont be over.

Even if found guilty, the charge only carries a maximum fine if my memory serves me right?

Doesn't matter about the relatively small criminal sentence he would get.
No club could possibly want to be seen to be employing a racist, especially in the current climate with all that has gone on at the Euros.

LongsightM13 said:
No club could possibly want to be seen to be employing a racist, especially in the current climate with all that has gone on at the Euros.

I wouldn't be so sure mate.
There's not a great deal of moral high ground in football,and drunks,drug addicts,rapists and murderers have all been allowed back into the fold.
For my money,Terry is guilty as fuck,and will be found guilty.
It may well mean the end of his international career,but Chelski fans think the sun shines out of his starfish,and I can see him carrying on his career there.

If they are going down the character route, then presumably they will be calling character witnesses. Be prepared for players being called as character witnesses, either supporting one or the other or against one or the other. This could get very personal, quite unpleasant and very public.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
LongsightM13 said:

I wouldn't be so sure mate.
There's not a great deal of moral high ground in football,and drunks,drug addicts,rapists and murderers have all been allowed back into the fold.
For my money,Terry is guilty as fuck,and will be found guilty.
It may well mean the end of his international career,but Chelski fans think the sun shines out of his starfish,and I can see him carrying on his career there.

Most of them, apart from Marlon King, had to do a lot of apologising and rehabilitation first. IF he were to be found guilty after trial his problem would be that it would be difficult for him to repent.

kennycar said:
strongbowholic said:
I've seen the footage of Terry f-ing & jeffing at Ferdinand quite a few times and I'm not sure to be honest. I've watched the same clip and sometimes I think he has said "blind c***" and other times I think he has said "black c***".

Surely in this day and age, actually on the pitch in the Premier League he wouldn't have said the latter would he? Then again, Terry isn't exactly a model citizen is he so (sadly) I wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter.

Either way, you are right it probably will get very nasty.

Shall we take bets on when Terry will appear on Piers Morgan's Life Stories to talk about the "lowest point in my life"?
People start questioning what he said when they watch it in slo-mo, watch it in full speed and trust your first instinct, it's clear as day, horrible racist.

Anyway Terry claims he said "Oi, Anton (I didn't call you a) black ****". So he has already admitted the second part. So the only question is whether in the split second that someones head passed in front of his that he had the time to say "I didn't call you a". He didn't.

And where does Anton Ferdinand's character come into it? He wasn't the one who accused Terry of it, does a bad character deserve racist abuse or what?

Because he'll be a witness for the prosecution presumably.

LongsightM13 said:

I hope you are right but i get the feeling that Chelsea will indeed, stand by their man.

First things first though and he has to be convicted and given the legal advice and expertise he will have at his disposal, an aquittal is not beyond the realms imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.