Terry racism trial, this is going to get nasty

strongbowholic said:
Exactly, you're a bad character so I am allowed to call you x, y and z. Clutching at straws really.

What a ****.

It is not as you suggest. Evidence of bad character is usually used to show that you cant rely on what the witness is saying i.e. "he has 4 convictions for burglary so he is clearly a dishonest person. If he is dishonest how can you believe what he is saying today in court". Presumably they believe they have evidence of Ferdinand saying something or doing something that would cast doubt on his evidence in the same way.

cibaman said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
LongsightM13 said:
Doesn't matter about the relatively small criminal sentence he would get.
No club could possibly want to be seen to be employing a racist, especially in the current climate with all that has gone on at the Euros.

I wouldn't be so sure mate.
There's not a great deal of moral high ground in football,and drunks,drug addicts,rapists and murderers have all been allowed back into the fold.
For my money,Terry is guilty as fuck,and will be found guilty.
It may well mean the end of his international career,but Chelski fans think the sun shines out of his starfish,and I can see him carrying on his career there.

Most of them, apart from Marlon King, had to do a lot of apologising and rehabilitation first. IF he were to be found guilty after trial his problem would be that it would be difficult for him to repent.

His biggest problem would be sponsors wouldn't want to touch him.
I always though the biggest loss in his eyes from losing the England captaincy was the purported £3 million.

LongsightM13 said:
For me, I think he knows he's guilty and which is why he wanted the case knocked back until the end of the season. A last hurrah for him, as his career is over in this country if he is convicted.

Suarez at Liverpool is the obvious one that say's different, even if he wasn't found guilty by the courts everyone bar liverpool fans accept he said what he is accused of . His England career is fucked though either way i reckon

kennycar said:
Anyway Terry claims he said "Oi, Anton (I didn't call you a) black ****". So he has already admitted the second part. So the only question is whether in the split second that someones head passed in front of his that he had the time to say "I didn't call you a". He didn't.

And where does Anton Ferdinand's character come into it? He wasn't the one who accused Terry of it, does a bad character deserve racist abuse or what?

This is whole case in a nutshell.

I really really think the CPS weren't sure about bringing a case until they decided Terry hung himself with that statement. He's basically corroborated Ferdinand's story. Terry's fooked himself over.

They're not stupid.

IMo no one should be commenting on this case until it is over. Leave it to the courts to decide they know what they are doing and it what you pay your taxes for.

All he needs to do is employ 'Arry's defence counsel.

Anyone one who could get him off would find the Terry defence a piece of piss.

Rammyblues said:
IMo no one should be commenting on this case until it is over. Leave it to the courts to decide they know what they are doing and it what you pay your taxes for.

So can Jimmy Carr comment on it ?

Just asking.

He's guilty as sin and he'll be found guilty

Bellamy got it right in his infamous interview after the Chelsea game when he said "Everyone in football knows what JT's like", this is a prime example of what he meant by that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.