Terry retires from international football {merged}

crystal_mais said:
Sky Sports News - Breaking New Yellow Ticker - John Terry has left Wembley after Day 3 of his trial with the FA.

Cheers for that!!!
Seriously it's got so pathetic i wouldn't be suprised if Sky's next breaking news would be "BREAKING NEWS - John Terry stands up to scratch his bollocks".

Suarez - 8 games for calling someone negro with no video evidence

Terry - 4 games for calling someone black **** with video evidence

Well done FA , of course black **** is less racist than negro

44% said:
Suarez - 8 games for calling someone negro with no video evidence

Terry - 4 games for calling someone black **** with video evidence

Well done FA , of course black **** is less racist than negro

I guess it all depends on what the charge was, specifically. Terry was charged with "Using abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour.......which included a reference to colour and/or race contrary to FA Rule E3[2]". What, specifically was Suarez charged with? If it isn't the same charge/FA Rule then there is no precedent set.

Edit: Having looked into it, both Suarez and Terry were charged with the same offences, under the same FA Rule, so on the face of it there seems to be a discrepancy here. I can only assume the fact that Suarez, apparnetly, used the term "negro" on numerous occasions, whereas Terry, I believe, has only been accused of using the term once that this was taken into consideration. The fine seems to be disproportionate too, Suarez was only fined £40k whereas Terry has been fined £220k.

The 4 games Terry will miss are Norwich(h), Tottenham (a), Manchester United (h), Manchester United in the Cup.

mugoz said:
The 4 games Terry will miss are Norwich(h), Tottenham (a), Manchester United (h), Manchester United in the Cup.

Not necessarily.

The ban doesn't start until 14 days after Terry receives the official reasons for the verdict. The only reason it can start earlier is if he chooses to accept the FA charge, in that instance the ban starts as soon as he says he's not going to appeal.<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:31 pm --<br /><br />It's worth noting here that John Terry has received exactly the same length of ban (4 games) as Vincent Kompany received for cleanly tackling Nani in the derby last season. So, just to reiterate here, the FA believe racism is punishable to exactly the same level as winning a football in a tackle.

Perhaps I just being very cynical but...... I think the F.A. just want it all to end and bearing in mind Suarez got a far longer ban, Terry would not dare appeal it and so the problem goes away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.