Testimonial for Dunny

Shegelu said:
If Dunne goes, the powers that be should bend the 10 year rule to give him a testimonial.

Anyone else agree?
Why should he have one & if he did not many would turn up

A free home pre-season match next summer against villa, where the club ask for a donation from all the fans and give the proceeds to a few charties of the clubs and Dunne's choosing.

Simples..

I don't think a testimonial would be appropriate.

A celebtration match would be a nice idea, but I can't see City -v- Villa as a pre-season game happening.

We should just wish him all the best and hope he pops back from time to time when he's done.

hotdel1 said:
A free home pre-season match next summer against villa, where the club ask for a donation from all the fans and give the proceeds to a few charties of the clubs and Dunne's choosing.

Simples..

I can see what ppl are saying about millionaire footballers not needing testimonials any more. No argument with that; these days the financial purpose of the testimonial is no longer relevant. But Dunne has given good value for his earnings I reckon, and has put serious amount of effort in. It's as much about the sticking power of the man as it is about his technical ability as a defender. And the fact that he was Player of the Year for four years running.

A free friendly next summer is a good idea, but of course by then he may be too much history. Memories are short in football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.