Tevez and Aguero

kun1 said:
tevez and aguero are our best partnership. dzeko is an impact sub, whenever he starts he is just bad (i like edin but this is the bitter truth). mario is mario so tevez and kun are our best partnership. i feel though that of our four strikers no one is clinical (except dzeko when he comes on as a sub). Don't be mistaken i say they are all great especially kun and after him carlos, but a player like cavani or falcao would take us a level above. maybe in the summer if we can offload two strikers like mario and edin (i don't think he'll stay playing as a sub) then we can get cavani as falcao i feel is chelsea bound.

If you're going for a clinical striker, it has to be Falcao from among the two. I feel Cavani is similar to Dzeko, maybe a slightly better version. If we're not going to deploy proper wingers in the team, then replacing Dzeko with Cavani would be pointless. Not to mention that that Napoli owner would bleed us dry if we actually went for Cavani..

Like other posters mentioned, it would be interesting to see all three in the team, with Tevez taking the place of Nasri as playmaker, and see if the team clicks..

sincity said:
kun1 said:
tevez and aguero are our best partnership. dzeko is an impact sub, whenever he starts he is just bad (i like edin but this is the bitter truth). mario is mario so tevez and kun are our best partnership. i feel though that of our four strikers no one is clinical (except dzeko when he comes on as a sub). Don't be mistaken i say they are all great especially kun and after him carlos, but a player like cavani or falcao would take us a level above. maybe in the summer if we can offload two strikers like mario and edin (i don't think he'll stay playing as a sub) then we can get cavani as falcao i feel is chelsea bound.

If you're going for a clinical striker, it has to be Falcao from among the two. I feel Cavani is similar to Dzeko, maybe a slightly better version. If we're not going to deploy proper wingers in the team, then replacing Dzeko with Cavani would be pointless. Not to mention that that Napoli owner would bleed us dry if we actually went for Cavani..

Like other posters mentioned, it would be interesting to see all three in the team, with Tevez taking the place of Nasri as playmaker, and see if the team clicks..
Tevez is too selfish to be a playmaker

Tricky_Trev said:
sincity said:
kun1 said:

Tevez is too selfish to be a playmaker

Agreed - holds onto the ball way too often when he should be releasing it earlier. Also don't think Tevez should be a regular starter, still think we need to give Dzeko an extended run in the side alongside Aguero. Look at the first few months of last season when Tevez was nowhere to be seen and we were scoring goals for fun....

Rebelblue said:
My godness, people need to wise up. The reality is they are by a long stretch our best combo, it doesn't mean the others won't contribute or score, it doesn't mean you don't love Edin or Mario either. Some days the 2 lads may not even score when together, but law of averages suggest they will because they are simply more involved and active and enjoy playing together more. That's indisputable at this stage.

To suggest Kun has been woeful as somebody suggests above is pig ignorant. The lad has scored in five of the last six games ffs. Get a grip please.

Not as pig ignorant as only using his goals to judge his performances. Bit like just using the 'games won' stat to judge Tevez and Aguero as a partnership. His performances as a whole haven't been as good as last season, nowhere near in fact. I take it you haven't missed all the Aguero slipper jokes? He was injured so at the moment I'm still chalking it up to not quite getting back in the groove, but we needed all his goals last season to win the title and it will be no different this season. He needs to start imposing himself more and fast.

Another example that these 2 are not productive as a pairing, main reason is they both like to drop deep leaving no one in the middle. Dzeko stays in the middle for the whole 90 mins.

Dzeko and one of tevez or aguero for me ?????

chrismcfc1 said:
Another example that these 2 are not productive as a pairing, main reason is they both like to drop deep leaving no one in the middle. Dzeko stays in the middle for the whole 90 mins.

Dzeko and one of tevez or aguero for me ?????

Why do we find Dzeko on the wing many times when he is on the pitch, though?!

Argentina had problems with play Messi, Tevez and Aguero in the last Copa America.

Dont accept its the stiker combination - we played Aguero / Tevez combo last 6 and scored lots of goals

Personally i think the work effort and attitude stinks

dctid said:
Dont accept its the stiker combination - we played Aguero / Tevez combo last 6 and scored lots of goals

Personally i think the work effort and attitude stinks

Aguevez scored 10 goals in the last 6 games of the season. In the first 6 games of the season, Dzaguero scored 14. JUST SAYING.

Dzaguero for me preferred partnership. Tevez and Aguero haven't played well together almost at all this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.