Tevez and Aguero

noise said:
Rebelblue said:
* Man City have failed to win any of the five games started by Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko this season.

Surely no one left in any doubt that CT and Kun are our best pairing?

Your skills of deduction are unparalleled, let's drill into the stupidity toghether:

Real Madrid - Man City: Aguero-Tevez. Would have been 2-0 for Real Madrid but of course Dzeko scored as a sub.

Man City - Real Madrid: Aguero-Dzeko, Dzeko assits Aguero, who falls winning a penalty. 1-1 draw.

So based on my comparison against one of the best teams in the world (also Dzeko has gotten starts against the tougher opponents), the facts actually favor Dzeko.

NOt sure what point you're trying to make there, everyone knows Dzeko is our best sub ;)

without a dream said:
noise said:
Rebelblue said:
* Man City have failed to win any of the five games started by Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko this season.

Surely no one left in any doubt that CT and Kun are our best pairing?

Your skills of deduction are unparalleled, let's drill into the stupidity toghether:

Real Madrid - Man City: Aguero-Tevez. Would have been 2-0 for Real Madrid but of course Dzeko scored as a sub.

Man City - Real Madrid: Aguero-Dzeko, Dzeko assits Aguero, who falls winning a penalty. 1-1 draw.

So based on my comparison against one of the best teams in the world (also Dzeko has gotten starts against the tougher opponents), the facts actually favor Dzeko.

NOt sure what point you're trying to make there, everyone knows Dzeko is our best sub ;)
While that is true, we did better yet by starting him instead of Tevez :)

Trying to justify choosing Dzeko over Tevez next to Aguero hilarious.

We perform miles better with Aguero and Tevez even if the stats in particular games don't show it.

Had we started with Tevez and Aguero we would have beat Real and Chelsea imo. Dzeko coming on and scoring as well probably.

CTID101 said:

We perform miles better with Aguero and Tevez even if the stats in particular games don't show it.

Had we started with Tevez and Aguero we would have beat Real and Chelsea imo. Dzeko coming on and scoring as well probably.

this tevez and kun to start with dzeko appearing around 60/70 mins = the winning formula.

Not convinced by them as a partnership at all (excluding Norwich and Villa in which it worked a treat and 8/9 goals were scored in the two games). Having said that they are both strikers in the very top class of world football and we as a team control games and create a lot of chances. What I'm saying is, I don't think they work brilliantly together but they work well enough and they are good enough individually. I don't think Tevez or Dzeko are particularly easy to partner so for me I would give Balotelli a run in the side on the left of a 4-2-3-1 with Aguero as the striker. Other than that Tevez should only play instead of Nasri with the forward 4 then being Silva, Yaya, Tevez and Aguero.

Truth be told though, there will be so much chopping and changing that partnerships won't ever really develop. We have 4 excellent strikers who will all score goals and win us games at different times of the season.

The cookie monster said:
Every prem game they have started together we have won,this season and last.

If that's true then you can't really argue against it. But my own eyes tell me that the partnership hasn't ever properly clicked with the exception of the two games I mentioned earlier. Still, I can think of at least 18 other teams in the premier league that wouldn't mind it.

jay_mcfc said:
The cookie monster said:
Every prem game they have started together we have won,this season and last.

If that's true then you can't really argue against it. But my own eyes tell me that the partnership hasn't ever properly clicked with the exception of the two games I mentioned earlier. Still, I can think of at least 18 other teams in the premier league that wouldn't mind it.
It is def true mate

CTID101 said:

This sounds suspiciously like "I don't care if the stats prove they're no good together, I chose to believe my eyes".

When we have played at our very very best, with the strikers scoring the goals, it was with Aguero and Dzeko at the beginning of last season. At the moment unfortunately all of our strikers, bar Dzeko off the bench, are shite. I can't believe how woeful Aguero looks at the moment, it's bloody worrying. You can extend that to all our forwards too. It's just our luck that with the best combined strike force in the country, and many other countries, we'd have them all in a barren patch at the same time.

Saying we've won all the games that Aguero and Tevez have started together is the sort of superstition that gets managers sacked too, because when it stops working you have absolutely no idea how to fix the problem. You have to figure out if it's that pairing that's winning us games or just a happy coincidence. Rags at home last season, neither did anything of note, Kompany scores from a set piece. Newcastle away, neither won the game for us, took a midfielder pushing up to score twice. QPR at home, the ultimate crunch game, what did they do together? Not a fat lot.

We have a better analytical department at City than Bluemoon, so I'm sure they'll have all the numbers backing up the lineups, along with the tactics etc of course. But there are too many games we've won with them together without them really effecting the game. Strikers are there for scoring. If you put them together and you're relying on defenders and midfielders to score, or Dzeko off the bench, is it really a good partnership? Should they not be doing it from the get go?

If you're of the belief that they run defences ragged and so tire easier, allowing us to score late on in games, then I would suggest we get strikers in who can score against defences before they get knackered, like plenty of others in world football. As that's a numbers game that can't work out for us forever.

Tevez is absolutely dog compared to a few seasons ago. His last good game was at Norwich last season. We bring him on against Chelsea, he does nothing. We bring him on against Madrid, he is useless on the ball. Neither his heart nor his head are in it anymore, and apparently his feet aren't either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.